Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi Zordo
Need some advice please
At the moment in the GQ i have in the front 2inch H/duty King coils with H/duty Ultimate longer than standard shockers which are new
In the rear 2inch Ridepro comfort coils with Ridepro shockers
Its a bit of a mix match as the front is too firm and the rear sits down when provisions are loaded in
Front and rear measures 890mm when unladen from bottom of rim to guard lip

What coils do you recommend that will retain the current height and not sag the rear when weight is added , i dont have a heavy bullbar but may get one in the future .

I wouldnt mind starting fresh to get this right

thanks in advance

·
Registered
nissan
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Zordo
Need some advice please
At the moment in the GQ i have in the front 2inch H/duty King coils with H/duty Ultimate longer than standard shockers which are new
In the rear 2inch Ridepro comfort coils with Ridepro shockers
Its a bit of a mix match as the front is too firm and the rear sits down when provisions are loaded in
Front and rear measures 890mm when unladen from bottom of rim to guard lip

What coils do you recommend that will retain the current height and not sag the rear when weight is added , i dont have a heavy bullbar but may get one in the future .

I wouldnt mind starting fresh to get this right

thanks in advance
Hi mate.
If you are going to get a heavy bullbar the front coils will probably come good for you,
you could fit 15mm packer in the rear & the back will sit 15mm higher as it should

Or you could get a new set coils front & rear
Ironman $165pr
Dobinsons $185pr
EFS Elite shocks $115ea
Cheers

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi mate.
If you are going to get a heavy bullbar the front coils will probably come good for you,
you could fit 15mm packer in the rear & the back will sit 15mm higher as it should

Or you could get a new set coils front & rear
Ironman $165pr
Dobinsons $185pr
EFS Elite shocks $115ea
Cheers
Hi Zordo , an update

The front springs have been retained and a different shocker fitted
The rear has 30mm spacers fitted and a adjustable panhard rod
The Patrol feels and drives good .
The reason the front was toooo firm was due to the Ultimate Suspension shockers , even when they were removed from the vehicle they were extremely difficult to compress in fact we stopped trying as we couldnt compress them
I cant see where such extremely firm valved shockers would be used or they could be faulty , either way they dont suit my vehicle

·
Registered
Nissan
94 Posts
Hi Zorko, looking for a 2" lift kit. Live in Weipa, what's your recommendation? How much do you charge for freight this way?
Cheers,
Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Zorko, looking for a 2" lift kit. Live in Weipa, what's your recommendation? How much do you charge for freight this way?
Cheers,
Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi mate.
Dobinson coils & EFS Elite shocks $950 delivered to freight depot in Weipa
Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
700 Posts
Hey zordo

I'm after some new 3" springs, not sure what brand yet?
What would you recommend for a 01 wagon 4.2 turbo, steel bullbar, steel arb rack, kaymar rear bar (only 1 swing away)

And postage to 5116

Cheers Ryan

·
Registered
nissan
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey zordo

I'm after some new 3" springs, not sure what brand yet?
What would you recommend for a 01 wagon 4.2 turbo, steel bullbar, steel arb rack, kaymar rear bar (only 1 swing away)

And postage to 5116

Cheers Ryan
PM replied

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,687 Posts
Another happy customer here.
Thanks Zordo. :D
Those progressive wound dobisons up front are a ripper. Surprised how well they ride given how much thicker they are than the ones I took out. :thumbsup:
The rear is sitting up a little but my drawers arrived today. The box is marked 80 kg and it feels about that.
By the time they are fitted and Iv'e got a bit of gear in there the extra ~100kg should see it pretty good I reckon.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,242 Posts
Ok so I weighed my big grey on the way out of BGC after KO today.
1380kg each end 1/4 tank of fuel, with my daily load of tools and crap.
Obviously there's easily 500-800 kgs more, loaded evenly with the rooftop tent and all when I go away but how much heavier is this 2760kg daily drive weight than a standard GQ right now as a benchmark?
The springs quoted are +150kg front and +300kg rear.

·
Registered
nissan
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok so I weighed my big grey on the way out of BGC after KO today.
1380kg each end 1/4 tank of fuel, with my daily load of tools and crap.
Obviously there's easily 500-800 kgs more, loaded evenly with the rooftop tent and all when I go away but how much heavier is this 2760kg daily drive weight than a standard GQ right now as a benchmark?
The springs quoted are +150kg front and +300kg rear.

Hi mate.
We can easily go with C45-325T & C45-324V
These will be good with your loads
Cheers

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,242 Posts
Got my springs today, days earlier than I expected. Am a bit sad I can't drive for ages because of a rear main leak.
Springs and shocks fitted perfectly and gain in height is perfect to the millimetre, I can't road test ATM obviously but Zordo's has delivered a spot on product.
To negotiate options such as spring rates on my non standard heavily modded vehicle is a service I require a lot, but rarely get with the detail that you guys offer.
Hoping they ride as well as they look, Zordos has made my year. Highly recommend.
Cheers

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,242 Posts
Spent 3 days belting around an outback station after sooo long waiting to reassemble my truck, and the verdict? Better than I expected Zordo, perfect flex and height. I still have compression space over the front springs for impending winch and battery too.
Outback weapon :)
Edit: this pic is with a good 400kgs of supplies packed in the rear mostly

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts