Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
EFS have started getting their coils from over seas. You still might be getting the Aussie made stuff if you buy now though. Unless you know your stuff I doubt you could pick up which is which. I doubt even the distributors know where they are made so I wouldn't bother asking them.

When one or my suppliers change from Dobinsons to Lovells we started having problems. Our supplier never told us at the time though that he had swapped manufacturers. They looked identical. It was a hard lesson to find out that Dobinsons were better then Lovells because a fair few kits got sold before we realised.

Dobinsons are great.
Kings are great now since they are now using a higher tensile steel then before.
and of course Suspension Stuff flexy coils are great (the best) but they cost more. If you don't need the flex then save your money.

Most important thing is to write down all your accessories so you are sure that you are getting the correct coils. Get it written down on your invoice in case whoever you purchase off sends the wrong coils. Find out what warranty you get because some don't give a warranty for 5" coils.

Shane

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Flexy coils are $300 a pair but they come with the best warranty.
I have sold thousands of dobinsons so very confident with the product $200 pair including freight.
I am not as familiar with the kings special coils but I have to start getting to know them since kings have changed over to a 20% higher tensile steel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts