Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all little back story. Last Thursday fitted egr blanks with 8mm holes to two 07 crd utes. On Saturday early morning about 630 I get a phone call from my mate that his ute has stopped dead then started again and drove fine, then again yesterday at the same time same thing. Now this morning my ute has done the same at the same time. Is this a coincidence and it's frozen fuel ( we are in central Vic ) or is the egr block to blame?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
My 07 CRD ute in Central Vic doesn't have the EGR block and starts everytime, even at 6:30.

When you say doesn't start, is it turning over?

·
Registered
Nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Starts fine but stops dead after driving for a little while then will start back up and rev fine but stop under load.

·
Registered
Nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then after more warming up will behave normally. Neither car lives in a shed too

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
Maybe it is frozen or waxed fuel blocking the fuel filter. EGR block should only cause limp mode at the worst.

·
Registered
Nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah seems to be coincidence I think just cold weather and put them in and that's the only difference . Thanks for your help hey hey

·
Registered
nissan
61 Posts
Did you do a service a the same time and swap the fuel filter? These things are easy to bugger up the clip on the top of the filter which makes it suck air.

·
Registered
Nissan
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah mate put it down to frozen or waxed fuel as only happens when it's super cold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts