Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Nissan patrol and am having trouble with cold starting as I have already replaced glow plugs and glow relay not sure what to do next as I have seen some say change temp sensors and some say change relay under dash
the problem is it the glow light on dash seems to turn off quick and seem to not be warming the plugs up enough as I can hear the glow relay clicking in and out but just wonder if anyone else has had same drama and found something that has worked as I have also heard about direct wiring to switch for manual control on a toggle switch but would much rather leave that a last options cheers any suggestion would be appreciated thanks :headwall::headwall:

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
2,110 Posts
use a meter to measure the voltage on the glow plug rail while keep key on, but do not start. compare the voltage to your battery's terminal. if it is too low or not voltage, then you have problem. the plug only need to keep on for 5 seconds in a very cold day ( i tried to start my car in the snowing mountain at -9 degrees by turn on the plug for 5 seconds only) to start the car.

·
Registered
nissan
196 Posts
I have a 2007 Nissan patrol and am having trouble with cold starting as I have already replaced glow plugs and glow relay not sure what to do next as I have seen some say change temp sensors and some say change relay under dash
the problem is it the glow light on dash seems to turn off quick and seem to not be warming the plugs up enough as I can hear the glow relay clicking in and out but just wonder if anyone else has had same drama and found something that has worked as I have also heard about direct wiring to switch for manual control on a toggle switch but would much rather leave that a last options cheers any suggestion would be appreciated thanks :headwall::headwall:
Which section do I reply in... you have placed this question everywhere..... delete the areas you don't want....

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
43 Posts
I had the same issue in my 04, was a real hard case to start first thing and when cold, after replacing glow plugs etc I found that mine was actually fuel related, the one way valve in the filter was bypassing causing the diesel to drain out whislt sitting around and was then re priming whilst starting the car, put a inline check valve in and have had no issues since.:p

Best way to check that is first thing before starting go and pump the pressure up in the fuel system before starting and see what happens..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts