Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wow wow wow wow wow, what an unreal piece of machinery!!!!
Fits in the misses side of the shed easy peasy!!
I might sleep in the swag tonight in the shed just to comfort the beast:)

Ti-l feb 2013 built
March 15 compliance
40km on the clock
$74k

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y62
149 Posts
Wow Great price, Well Done ;)

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Agree with Patrol Y62...that's a pretty good price for a TI-L, good work.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
103 Posts
Bloody Beauty, well done, you just have to love 'em, they are one of the few cars with a "sole". cheers:)

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers lads, yes if you have never driven one you don't know what your missing out on!!
They are nothing short or surreal! I ran a tape over the girl to compare to my gu and it's pretty much on par minus the front end. I've got kamar rear, arb winch bar, 2"lift 33's, sliders etc on my truck.
Can't wait for the kamar rear on the 62. Bull bar might wait until I can sort a small lift out. If I don't bother with the front bar +lift il get some bags for the rear.

Lol yeah let the dollars roll on!
I should also say I got the extended warranty so add another $2100 or something.

If I hadn't have drunk so much booZe tonight I would have thrown a quick 20 in her and done some laps round the local! Hahah

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol chopped, I'm a little far from glasshouse...
That's vico isn't it?

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, rather chuffed at te moment :)
Rather than start another new thread I have a quick question. More will come but for now,
Has anyone cut out or removed the front cover of the bottom of the front seats, there is some untapped space there begging to be used!!

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Congrats simcoe

Saw one of these in person yesterday. They're a different looking car. Not necessarily bad different, just different.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Different is a nice way to put it ;) shouldn't be to long before a little customising begins :)
I'm not a total fan of the bum but the kamar will sort that out.
Photos don't do them justice, they are massive yet sooo much easier to drive than a gu!!

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also just checked the battery volts, 12.6 after about 40mins worth of driving. Do the snip ya reckon?!

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
That's just stunning value. You know people pay more than than $74k for a prado?

Dunno about the snip, give it time. What's the volts when cruising? Are you thinking of running duals?

What's the last 4 digits of your vin?

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
That's just stunning value.
Very much so

You know people pay more than than $74k for a prado?
They do, but it appeals to those that want something smaller and easier to throw around town, have the option of diesel, have the option of a manual and cheaper running costs.

Different appeal to those who's needs are different.

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Congrats Simcoe

Your wife will always know where to find you. ..under the bonnet or buried inside the y62 checking out possibilities. .

John b

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very much so

They do, but it appeals to those that want something smaller and easier to throw around town, have the option of diesel, have the option of a manual and cheaper running costs.

Different appeal to those who's needs are different.
I speak from experience here, I can tell you the 62 is much much easier to navigate town than my gu! As nice as a prado round town, well I don't know as I don't think I have ever sat in one.

Manual, well the auto has got me now:)
Diesel, well each to there own. I love my TD but a 'new age' diesel does not appeal to me in the slightest!

Running costs, probably in the prados favour until the injectors need doing...

I'm happy and the misses is happy, she likes driving it more than here 09 top spec Corolla hatch!

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's just stunning value. You know people pay more than than $74k for a prado?

Dunno about the snip, give it time. What's the volts when cruising? Are you thinking of running duals?

What's the last 4 digits of your vin?
Yeah I know I got a ripper deal, people who pay that much for a playdo are mad!!
Didn't really pay attention while driving on the volts, I just remembered to check the batt volts when I got home and they were 12.6.
Nah not bothering with duals at this stage.
It will happen, so I'd say as soon as they are in il do the snip.

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ah sorry the last four digits are

1 - 20 of 47 Posts