Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All
Well as the title says with weekend my MUM DAD and I are driving over. Heading over on Friday morning and staying till sunday morning. We are staying just near the Crown I have to be in Eildon on Sunday for and Appraisal day for my Tafe Course Next year.

I just wanted to know if there were any sweet 4wd shops that i can visit that are close to the CBD??

The other thing is i turn 18 on Saturday......I have some mates from Adelaide that are coming over also, So I was wondering if any one could recommend some cool places for us to go on friday night to Celebrate?

If any of you guys are around Town on Friday night Give us a yell....0400308805

Cheers for any Comments

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Crossing the border hey? Is your passport current? ;)

Not sure what you class as 'sweet 4wd shops' but there are a couple of big ARB's, with big display's, not too far away.

Melbourne is full of some really cool, hidden lane way bars. They are really hard to find as they don't have signs outside but you can pick up a pack of cards from newsagents etc. I think they are called something like 'Melbournes hidden secrets' or similar. Well worth getting, IMHO, as they give you a description of the place and how to get there.
If you have a lot of male mates coming with you then don't all try to get in the bars at once, stagger it a bit.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Saturday!

·
Registered
nissan partol GQ
915 Posts
Has it surfaced elsewhere. AFAIK the original Hosies at Elizabeth and Flinders is now (has been a year or two) Dreams "gentlemans" club. A mate told me he went there once or twice. :)
Think that is the one we ended up at a few weeks back, worth having a look, one of the only places in Melbourne that we could find that would sell doubles or straight spirits, also one of the bouncers has a locked and lifted GQ SWB, running 35 simex's and rear quarter chop....also has good girls

·
Registered
205 Posts
Has it surfaced elsewhere. AFAIK the original Hosies at Elizabeth and Flinders is now (has been a year or two) Dreams "gentlemans" club. A mate told me he went there once or twice. :)
Unfortunately it is long gone.... The only other place i know of where some ancient slapper collecting loose change in a beer jug to show her flogged out gum boot and saggy bossom is the Royal on Punt Road.

I have found the clientelle to be quite spectacular, especially when Collingwood are playing at the G.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Think that is the one we ended up at a few weeks back, worth having a look, one of the only places in Melbourne that we could find that would sell doubles or straight spirits, also one of the bouncers has a locked and lifted GQ SWB, running 35 simex's and rear quarter chop....also has good girls
You're thinking of the Spearmint Rhino.... I only know because I see the GQ parked out the front (work around the corner) ;)

·
Registered
nissan partol GQ
915 Posts
ah yes thats the one, how could I forget that name, too many rusty nails I think

·
Registered
nissan gq
706 Posts
You have to have at least one pot at young and jacksons,
been in trouble in there a couple of times :p

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
Billboards is a decent club, I'm known to frequent the place. Crown itself is good, Elephant and the Wheelbarrow is also ok. Jump on MelbournePubs.com.au and have a look. Unfortunatley there is not much 4wd stuff in Melbourne you'ld be best to stop in Bayswater on your detoured way to Eildon :D

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
The other thing is i turn 18 on Saturday......I have some mates from Adelaide that are coming over also, So I was wondering if any one could recommend some cool places for us to go on friday night to Celebrate?
haha, cant buy your first drink legally until midnight :p. get your mates to buy them for you. :D

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Crossing the border hey? Is your passport current? ;)

Not sure what you class as 'sweet 4wd shops' but there are a couple of big ARB's, with big display's, not too far away.

Melbourne is full of some really cool, hidden lane way bars. They are really hard to find as they don't have signs outside but you can pick up a pack of cards from newsagents etc. I think they are called something like 'Melbournes hidden secrets' or similar. Well worth getting, IMHO, as they give you a description of the place and how to get there.
If you have a lot of male mates coming with you then don't all try to get in the bars at once, stagger it a bit.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Saturday!
Hey Spider M
Cheers for the words, I mannaged to find a website.......Melbournepubs.com.au. Good source :)

And for the tips on how to get in hahaha

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha, cant buy your first drink legally until midnight :p. get your mates to buy them for you. :D
Very true, I guess we will just chill out at the Hotel drinking cheaper drinks before we go out and get raped for a drink hahah

BTW you gonna be round the workshop on friday?? Last time i was on my way past the troll was there but you obviously wernt.

·
Registered
nissan
72 Posts
Jump on a tram and get yourself down to the Espy [esplanade hotel] in St. Kilda. A rocking pub with good LOUD live bands and a good croud to boot.

·
Registered
nissan
361 Posts
Crown is fairly good and they also have fusion nightclub inside which isn't too bad.
Im pretty sure opposite lock is somewhere up near the city, some one here could probs tell you the place.
Fashion keyboards is a pretty decent place but is more for the indie dudes, billboards is also not so bad, but personaly I reckon most of the good pubs and clubs they arn't too expensvie or too big of a line are down my way more. Davey's in Frankston is a pretty damn good venue on a Saturday night, 3 rooms, its just a train ride down and they do stuff like $3 pots and $5 jagers and shots.

Goodluck where ever you go mate but if you keen to come down my way let us know haha.
Cheers Matt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts