Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol Gu6
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else has read the latest 4wd action magazine regarding an article of a current model patrol being towed out of the Simpson Desert with apparent fuel issues. The article is a comparison of family tourers and goes onto say that later 3L diesels in the patrol proving to be extremely sensitive to fuel quality. Standard fuel filters just dont cut it, leading to pump failure, page 44. Has anyone else out there with the common rail engine had issues with pump failure and if so what was the diagnosis. This si the first time I have heard of this and I read this forum religiously. Mine has done 85000kms with no issues.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
All common rail diesels rely on absolutely clean fuel because of the extremely high pressures developed in the injection system. Anyone travelling the outback should carry a water separater for a start and consider using fuel conditioner at all times (and maybe even two stroke :)). But that doesn't mean that common rail diesles are on their own, many a diesel fuel pump etc (old and new) have died because of poor quality fuel and continued use.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan gu
166 Posts
Go to Hilux.com and read about their experiences. Its happening to many brands of CRD subject to bad fuel.

Makes me cross my fingers at every fill :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts