Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything stopping me from mounting a 12V. compressor on its side, or even upside down? Am building an onboard air system on a coilcab, and mounting upside down would be handy under the tray.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
on the side is ok. upside down is not recommended i think because all the hot air from the head helps heat up the motor above it. tho fit a good fan and it won't be a problem.

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
on the side is ok. upside down is not recommended i think because all the hot air from the head helps heat up the motor above it. tho fit a good fan and it won't be a problem.
Depends where the Motor is in relation to the pump head(s). Most 12v compressors are oil less anyway so nothing will leak.

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
i had an ARB compressor which i mounted sideways with 0 issue. if well ventilated upside down should not be a drama either. The ARB ones have this nifty feature where you can rotate the mounting bracket, motor and outlet all sparately by loosening a few allen key bolts. look for this on your compressor (could be an option)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I just mounted mine on it's side.
I had a good look through the instructions and there was nothing to say that I shouldn't.
Mine is the ARB jobbie.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Thanks for that.:iconbana: Will put it up on my "Portals" thread when I get around to building the onboard air setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts