Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy gang,

I seem to have come across a dillema .....

anybody know how much a concrete land scan to have done would set me back to help locate some pool light cables?
Theyre not powerred up
Ive got about 10x2m to scan, through 50mm pavers, and need it to go, i guess 600mm deep.
Or any other ideas??

Kennards have a concrete scanner that goes 300mm deep, but i recon thats not deep enough!!

Thanks for any help

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Ethan is in the concreting game, he might know?

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Hey LJ. What area are you in?

I recently had my property scanned for all services. This included drainage, water,gas, phone and electricity. Did my whole 780m2 block for $400. Marked everything out with fluro paint with depth accurate to +/- 1cm.

If your in Melbourne I can pass on his details, no one even came close to his price.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts

I recently had my property scanned for all services. This included drainage, water,gas, phone and electricity. Did my whole 780m2 block for $400. Marked everything out with fluro paint with depth accurate to +/- 1cm.

If your in Melbourne I can pass on his details, no one even came close to his price.
Yes please PM me too!!

Cheers

Justin

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,028 Posts
For something like pool light cables where you can turn off the power, you can use a cheap cable locator to trace your cables. It uses an FM signal generator connected to the cable and a separate receiver to pick up the signal. This one claims to do depths up to one metre. NF 816 Underground Cable Wire Locator Tracker LAN With Earphone NF816 Aucn | eBay

Spend quite a bit more and you can get a half decent unit that will track live cables or dead cables. Armada Wire Valve Tracer Underground Cable Locator PRO 871 NEW Model | eBay

Quality underground locators are about $2k upwards but the first of the units I linked works surprisingly well at depths of 600mm from what I've heard.

Cheers,

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Simmo, once again thank you for your lead, sadly he has moved to Tootgarook , and
his price is pretty expensive for us, for now.
He says his district is upto Frankston Call out fee of $185+ $85 per hour thereafter,
and 10 minutes away from frankston @ Keysborough is call out fee of $250 ++!!

for now we'll exhaust all other avenues..

Ethan I called your lead too, he wants cash only, and for me to do the work of
pulling out the lights whereas Simmos guy was gonna do it all...
hahahahaha he goes... it'll be $350 cash !! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH

mannn I gotta buy one of these machines I recon...

$350.00+ just to locate 1 cable FFS !! I can show you where it starts etc too HAHAHAHAHAH

ps. i'll prolly end up using simmos guy..One day...... but fk me drunk, one fkn expensive excersise

·
Registered
Nissan
757 Posts
What's the reason for needing to know the location?

Are you digging holes or where the cables installed well before everything else was built and you can't locate them now?

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What's the reason for needing to know the location?

Are you digging holes or where the cables installed well before everything else was built and you can't locate them now?
no , the pool was built, and the lighting cables for the lights were never connected,
they are lying under the landscaping somewhere.

gonna be digging around the pumps as the pool builders say that's where they would have left them, to be connected ...??
but its not a certainty...

spoken to the pool builders,
spoken to the house builders,
spoken to the landscapers,
spoken to the electrical contractors..

house was built 4 years ago,
no one will admit to knowing anything and are handballing blame from one to another.

pool has 1 m of 50mm pavers concreted all the way around 3 sides.

all to hard for any of the fkers !!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts