Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day crew,

Have a bit of weird occurrence currently going on with the colder weather. (2014 Y61 ST)

I seem to getting a leak somewhere in the back of the bus that is leading to condensation building up. To the point where I get mold on the drawers/back window sill. Been going for about 4 months, but much worse recently. The condensation/mold starts from the back of the vehicle, so hence why I think the leak is around there.

My patrol is fitted with a Fourby Fitouts Tourer setup, and more recently a Kaymar rear bar. I had to relocate my reversing camera as part of the rear bar process, so may have upset some of the seals as part of that. I do have a couple of water tanks, but have left them dry over the last couple of months to see if that was the issue.:(

I have replaced the door seal, and went to get the window seal replaced on the barn door, but the crew couldn't find a leak and recommended not going ahead. I even added silicon around where the reverse cam wire sneaks past the grommet on the inside of the door.
Still no luck!

I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced anything similar, and if you could help identify where the leak might be coming from. No evidence of water building up that I can see!

Appreciate your help in advance.:cheers:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,209 Posts
Two things that immediately spring to mind, the rubber seal above the rear doors, I know you said you have replaced seals, but not sure where. What about the rear windscreen washer line leaking?

I assume you have tried sitting in the back of the car and having someone run an open hose back and forth over the back?

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep have done that check.

Will check the top seal and wiper line.

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan patrol
404 Posts
I've noticed an imperfect seal on one of my rear side windows, but it's not serious enough to give me mould. Only noticed it by chance running down the inside of the window when drying it immediately after washing...

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts