Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the BBC news of the horrors happening in Christchurch at the moment, the camera panned up the street and there was a squished black or charcoal grey Safari (had Safari in white letters over the rear wheel arch).
1) I hope the owner and his family escaped with no injuries.
2) It looked like a standard roof LWB Y60 even before the tons of rubble fell on it....
And with the rumours you can no longer import Y60s into NZ because of emission laws, replacement is going to be very tough!
Is the owner on this forum?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jees Coxsy,
Good to see so many Y60 Safari's available in NZ! More Kingsroad than there are on Jap Auction sites (they seem to have disappeared from their homeland at present).
So which Forum do all the 'others' use then? Is there a specific Kiwi Safari forum? Or are they all in the dark?

·
Registered
Nissan
85 Posts
Watching the BBC news of the horrors happening in Christchurch at the moment, the camera panned up the street and there was a squished black or charcoal grey Safari (had Safari in white letters over the rear wheel arch).
Wasn't me - my recently stolen and recovered safari is fine :) Was parked in my driveway beside an uninhabitable ruin which used to be my home :-(
Good thing the quake happened after my daily constitutional, else I'd have cacked my pants on the spot, or if I'd managed to get to the dunny, wouldn't have noticed that it was completely sheared off at the base - until after I'd flushed it :confused:
Was very very severe where I live(d) - strong modern houses built to latest earthquake codes have been shaken apart in only a few seconds. My wife and son were both in the city - I could only look out from the hills toward a massive cloud of dust blowing from the ruined CBD, and wait 3-4 hours before I found out they were okay. We've been much luckier than some.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,775 Posts
Wasn't me - my recently stolen and recovered safari is fine :) Was parked in my driveway beside an uninhabitable ruin which used to be my home :-(
Good thing the quake happened after my daily constitutional, else I'd have cacked my pants on the spot, or if I'd managed to get to the dunny, wouldn't have noticed that it was completely sheared off at the base - until after I'd flushed it :confused:
Was very very severe where I live(d) - strong modern houses built to latest earthquake codes have been shaken apart in only a few seconds. My wife and son were both in the city - I could only look out from the hills toward a massive cloud of dust blowing from the ruined CBD, and wait 3-4 hours before I found out they were okay. We've been much luckier than some.

Yikes, glad yous made it.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
yep, can't import into NZ anymore. They are getting very good prices for them in NZ. I recently sold my shorty, twin locked, 85% reduction gears and well kitted out, but the only panel not dented was the roof. Bought unseen for a very good price.
Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts