Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,541 Posts
There is evidence that we are in a part of our orbit around the sun and also coming under the influence of larger planets like Jupiter which both effect our weather patterns and will for some time to come. That's how it works and has for billions of years.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Sunny and dry here in Noosa at the moment...plenty of cloud about though. Don't know how long it will jast.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,541 Posts
Hope it lasts long enough to go out and chase some mackerel, might have to dodge a few logs, pontoons, cattle, sheep, horses, unmanned boats, TV reporters, furniture. Damn, think I'll stay at home!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
This is just a strong La Nina event. It has happened before and will happen again. It is a totally normal weather cycle in Australian terms. It has SWA to do with global warming.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,268 Posts
It's called climate change! ;)

Yep the climate changes aaalll the time, yet these halfwit alarmists,would have us believe that there is supposed to be a set pattern of weather.:doh:

This pattern that we are having now, is what it was like when I was growing up, in the 60s-70s.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I take anything 'global warming' related with a big fat pinch of salt, sure there is something happening, but Im tired of people of some 'authority' actually telling us what it is without facts, when clearly they are entirely full of ****.

I am intrigued about what influences our weather and the patterns of consistent events happening every so often like clock work.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Its to do with whats called the Southern Oscillation Index (SOI).

This is a measure of Pacific Ocean surface sea temperatures between east and west. When the sea temperatures in the west increase more cloud and moisture are formed and driven onto the Australian mainland and increased rain events occur (El Nina).

When the the sea temperatures are higher in the east South America gets the rain and we tend to get drought (El Nino).

Its to do with large ocean currents and their cyclical effect on the sea surface temperatures.

Check out the Bureau of Meteorology website. It has a simplified explanation there.

·
Registered
nissan st 08
656 Posts

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,263 Posts
Short term (50-100 years) changes in weather patterns not temperature, are not unusual in the long term average.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts