Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the new Pootrol yesterday and I am wanting to fit the UHF.
Question. As I can't find it on here or the Internet.
How do you remove the centre panel to get to the wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4 wagon
392 Posts
Two screws just above the heater controls, and then just clips (6 I think from memory) that you need to gently pry out around the edge of the shroud.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got the screws out, but didn't feel like there was any give in the panel.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol my08
42 Posts
Yer 2xscrews and there are 2x plastic clips pull from the bottom and it will come.and you need to pull the centre console out to get to the 2 screw to get the panel where the power sockets are . The gear surround of the centre console has 3x screw 1x under the ash tray and 1 on each side at the front with the covers on them

·
Registered
nissan
528 Posts
The clips are very tight. Needs a good pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it off and had a look in there. Need a bit of time to take out the single plastic sleeve and make it nice and neat

The biggest issue now is finding a place to feed the antenna cable through.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I've looked for almost an hour. I can't see any grommets, holes, gaps. Inside and out.
I'm about to lose my ****.

Has anyone got a picture of where it is?
I'd be eternally grateful.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
There is a rubber grommet in the firewall behind glove box, easy way is to poke a wire in from engine bay.
X 2 on that. That's where my egt comes through. I ran the uhf antenna cable through the drivers side grommet. Straightened steel coat hanger is your best friend.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a solid plastic hole there it looks like it goes to the back of the air con or something. I put a screwdriver in there but it only went in an inch then hit a solid object

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is a spot under the spiral pipe down the bottom, but that's the one I mentioned above. Can't see any other

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan patrol my08
42 Posts
There is a large rubber grommet with a major harness down behind the ABS controller. You could say next to the inner guard there is one on each side. The r/h side I remove the accel pedal to make it a bit easier. They are hard to get to and you will loose some skin so get the band aids ready;)
I can take pics tomorrow if your still struggling

1 - 12 of 12 Posts