Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the interest of keeping the "tell us your ideas" thread clean....

Link,
How about a Members Only vendor thread were vendors can post special specials for paid up members only?
LOL here we go, now is when it becomes a paid vs non paid thing. The whole point of payment, as I understood it, was that you are helping with the running costs of the forum, including the owners time and effort.

erghhh I KNEW this type of crap would start, an us vs. them thing, paid vs. not paid.

Enjoy your forum if that is what is going to be happening, as I will not use or contribute if that is the case.

And for the record, I have only not contributed money as I don't like some of the changes that have been made. It's a simple as that. You don't pay for a service that you are not completely happy with. And the whole point was that the forum would not change by having a payment option. It was merely to help the owner cover costs as stated above. Obviously I was wrong and this forum has taken a new path, which is/would be EXTREMELY disappointing.

P.S. night shift in 40 mins, so will get back to this discussion 2morrow

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,907 Posts
Heaps of cool stuff goes on in members area, because members are special:cool:.

What goes on in members area stays in members area, so you will have to sulk for time being.

·
Give it some goat
nissan
2,697 Posts
I appreciate what terry has done for the forum he does a really good job, but I would prefer to buy him a beer if I ever saw him out at a comp. Which reminds me, does terry still have the shute?

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
Hahahaha , we don't need any us vs then rubbish on this forum , it will definitely go down hill then

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

What goes on in members area stays in members area, so you will have to sulk for time being.
I was more having a dig at the fact that "nothing would change" with the introduction of "donations".

Donations have NO benefits for the person that gave the money. Apart from a warm fuzzy feeling inside. What is happening now with introduction of member only benefits is that you are buying a service. Simple as that. You are paying to use something, not making a donation.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
The fact that you are able to view the forum in almost full capacity even if you dont contribute was 1 of the reasons I did.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The fact that you are able to view the forum in almost full capacity even if you dont contribute was 1 of the reasons I did.
Almost. You got it exactly right. So you are purchasing a service when you make a payment that has been described as a "donation". Otherwise their wouldn't be a list of benefits for the different payment amounts.

EDIT: Let me rephrase that. When it was first put up as an idea, it was all about a "donation". Now it is a paid service. Yes not making a payment still gives you all the old features, but the forum has now moved into a different realm with the member vs. non member thing. And I dislike it. It has taken the whole community spirit out of it.

But, if that is what the owners want to do, nothing is going to change it. I support it being a donation, why does it need to be a paid service?

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I am relatively new here, so ill keep out of this one. I'll let you vets go for it.

For what it's worth, i considered it a donation as I am on many other forums and have an idea of running costs.

Cheers

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
it was only a matter of time before the "IM PAID UP GIMME MORE" **** started.

·
Patrol 4x4 Admin
nissan
1,080 Posts
Undecided yet as to whether I close this thread or not but I'll leave it a while so everyone can take this in.. Simply put, I don't want any us versus them rubbish on this forum.. Contributing financially or choosing not to is no reason to vilify someone.. Treat everyone on here with respect and there's no issue..

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
bare with me here, and hear me out..

Link,

How about a Members Only vendor thread were vendors can post special specials for paid up members only?
in a way, i dont mind this idea...

i like;
'a members only vendor thread' posted in the members lounge with access from both supporting/premium vendors and supporting/lifetime members.

i dont like;
'special specials for paid up members'

as part of the Vendors Lounge, they have the option between all supporting/premuim vendors to discuss new designs / new products etc.

can this be then incorporated in with the supporting/lifetime members, where the 'Vendors' have the option to use the supporting/lifetime members as guinea pigs, at the Vendors descretion of price before the Vendors go into production, with that product?

the only reason i bring this up, as there was a while ago.. there was a vendor that had a new product, a small number of these products where made, and the vendor had distributed these at what i beleive was cost price, on the basis that a report/evaluation be provided back to the vendor as feedback, then the vendor could then decide wether to put this into production or not. this was successful, and this product has been in production for sometime now.

anyways, this is just my thoughts on the idea.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
old.school.hero said:
can this be then incorporated in with the supporting/lifetime members, where the 'Vendors' have the option to use the supporting/lifetime members as guinea pigs
so Marin is right. Or why not use the unpaid members as guinea pigs before releasing it to paid members?

lets start going in circles.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
I think really everyone should shut up about the whole damn thing, if you wanna help, f***n help. If you feel you have something over other members now youve paid, well f***n great. If you think its bull****, well f***n great. I dont care about the trivialities of it all, god I have better **** to do.

Really over all the bull**** and politics. The spirit of forums is soon lost when everyone is on the bandwagon with their hay fork. But I guess, is that why we are all here? All old women with a piece of meat to fight over?

Meh, im still awesome.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I think really everyone should shut up about the whole damn thing, if you wanna help, f***n help. If you feel you have something over other members now youve paid, well f***n great. If you think its bull****, well f***n great. I dont care about the trivialities of it all, god I have better **** to do.

Really over all the bull**** and politics. The spirit of forums is soon lost when everyone is on the bandwagon with their hay fork. But I guess, is that why we are all here? All old women with a piece of meat to fight over?

Meh, im still awesome.
I still say your better flying to newcastle than driving.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.