Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not talking about the humans. 😎. I am sure you guys have some interesting items in your sheds. I've never seen another pair of Stilsons like this, can't make the brand out either, but they work really well. Turn one way they ratchet open turn the other way they compress.
image.jpeg

Attachments

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,898 Posts
Nice, used to go to a large antiques place in Mittagong, they had a dealer that just dealt in old tools. Didn’t get any as the bride was in another section purchasing antique jewellery.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,398 Posts
Still have many of the tools I had as a young fitter and machinist, I was given a few items by old tradesmen and retired tradesmen, The depth micrometer in this pic would be over 100 years old and still works a treat, it is a US made Browne and Sharpe unit given to me by an old tradesman named Donny Searle, the disc you can see in the pic isn't related to this unit, it is a standard 1" test piece for a 0-1" Micrometer.

The inside diameter measuring mircometer is an old Moore and Wright, it measures bores from 2" to 7.5", Again given to me by and old tradesman but can't remember his name, this unit is old but not quite as old as the top one, both still work fine and I've looked after them.

·
Registered
nissan
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grandfather gave me these, said his father gave them to him. No brand just made in Germany on handle.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,295 Posts
Stanley mitre box with its original Disston saw, from 1912
Mitre saw-1.jpg

This Millers Falls plane from the 1930s belonged to my grandfather who was killed in an accident whem my mum was about 12. Mums youngest brother gave it to me a few years ago, in much worse condition than it is now.

DSC_0654.JPG

These Disston saws are all over 100 years old.
20200415_170810.jpg

Don't need a noisy router when you've got these.
20190921_143356 (1280x960).jpg

Last year I turned this....
IMG_1801 (768x1024).jpg

into this.......
SAM_0676 (720x1280).jpg

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,999 Posts

My vise.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,848 Posts

My vise.
My vise... was my grandad's. Record No.5 made in England. Works fine and I use it often, but I do want to give it a bit of a restoration one day.

·
Registered
nissan
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one is a hand me down as well, works well, between benches at the moment though. I have another larger one bought years ago no brand or markings at all, really robust unit, still works well, have really knocked it around.
image.jpeg

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
Weve got a 100 year old dawn vise in the machine shop, barely used but when it is its like a bloody anvil, the thing is solid

·
Registered
nissan
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked this up second hand when I was at school to keep Victa mower parts and tools in. I was mowing a few yards at the time and they required a bit of maintenance. My first tool box😎 Rota brand.
image.jpeg

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,898 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is one of the old birds I used then, had it for over 40 years and it still runs beautifully. (I have a couple of engines).
image.jpeg
Wheels are the only reason I don't use it. When I get time will sort an alternative as the cool originals are stupid money, if you can find them. One on the front 😎
image.jpeg

·
Registered
nissan
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I was a kid the old bloke next door had one with little castor wheels on the front and he used it to mow under the fence, pretty clever I thought. However he had a short piece of 3/4" pipe for the exhaust, jeez it was loud and he used to mow under the fence early Sunday mornings and oddly the exhaust always faced our house. (Him and Dad didn't get on!!) :cool:

·
Registered
nissan
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 131 Posts