Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I’m new here and I’ve bought a 1992 TD42 Nissan patrol and was wondering how to completely cycle out all of the coolant without a heater. I’ve attempted a flush however I found that I just ended up not being able to put the proper amount of coolant to demineralised water

anything will help cheers

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
OK, so are you saying you have no heater? Secondly if you are not draining from the lowest accessible point on the block then there could be 6-8L remaining. If you cant get it all out I have flushed systems using a hose, with good coolant quality these days it doen't matter if there is a bit of clean tap mixed with your demin and coolant, it will be the minority proportion.
My 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,062 Posts
I like to do my best flushing effort, fill it with water, and drive it, and then drain it again. Maybe even do this twice. The you will only have waster left in the system, and you can simply add the required amount of concentrate.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,194 Posts
I like to do my best flushing effort, fill it with water, and drive it, and then drain it again. Maybe even do this twice. The you will only have waster left in the system, and you can simply add the required amount of concentrate.
Yes, last time I did mine I did it twice and drove around 150-200k with plain water then dropped it again and had a good look for any crap in what was collected, I actually filtered it through a cloth for final inspection.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,062 Posts
You can still buy filter socks too, and I like to chuck one in when doing cooling system maintenance. Even in a couple of days it will pick up some stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts