Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 model GUII Zd30 di.

The issue I am experiencing is... a strange transfer of coolant from the top coolant tank to the one just under, basically the coolant reservoir/ overflow bottle is almost empty and the secondary reservoir ( located below ) is now full of coolant way above the " max " line almost to the top infact.

If it is relevant... the car heater now does not seem to get warm ( just blows mild air ) at idle ( it did in the past ) even at operating temp. Once under way it blows hot air almost instantly, I'm not sure if this is related.

I have all the guages etc... And have noticed no issues with how the car runs or feels.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

·
Registered
757 Posts
Can you see bubbles in the radiator when the engine is running? (with the cap off)

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I should have mentioned that. I have checked and there are no bubbles. The coolant seems to intermitantly spurt into the reservoir ( the hose that comes off the top of the radiator into the reservoir ) but it never fills back up. I'm thinking a possible blockage in the radiator

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
check header tank radiator cap. when the engine cools down, coolant in small reservior should transfer into header tank. if it doesn't the capis usuall the cuprit.

·
Registered
757 Posts
soory i should have mentioned that on our recent trip to Fraser Island we had a similer problem with ours and i ended up putting a new radiator cap on which solved the problem.
Dont do what i did and buy a aftermarket radiator cap because the one i purchased did the same thing making me believe i had a bigger problem. Once i purchased a genuine cap all work as it should of.
Nissan cap was only arund $25

·
Registered
Nissan GUII 3L Patrol
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awsome thanks for the resposes guys .... I will get a new cap and see how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts