Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday a road block manned by police went up on the Mulligan Highway at Mt Carbine. You can only pass through if you are a resident or have a story good enough for the police to believe your trip is essential and that there is no risk you are carrying Covid19. I had heard about a week ago that aboriginal communities on the cape were being closed to outsiders but I hadn't expected complete closure of the Cape and was told last week that trips up the OTT were still OK but what I've been told today is quite the opposite. Many off-roaders were already prevented from heading to the Cape by state travel restrictions but now even Queenslanders will not be able to visit the Cape this year. Cape York in lockdown due to coronavirus fears

I had no plans on heading to the Cape this year but a couple of mates and I had intended to head north of Mt Carbine for a few days, leaving tomorrow. This cancels our trip but we might get something else sorted for the following week.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Is the closure bonlyvif you are carrying Corona? I see it is very popular at the moment, but I haven't tried it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts