Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1330 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve lived through a heap of these world threatening problems. OK, some people have died, sad, but not world shattering. There have been many flues, but I haven’t seen the one that is going to decimate the world’s population. Ebola, swine flue, bird flue, aids. Think I’ll sit this one out.

·
Registered
nissan
2,353 Posts
I’ve lived through a heap of these world threatening problems. OK, some people have died, sad, but not world shattering. There have been many flues, but I haven’t seen the one that is going to decimate the world’s population. Ebola, swine flue, bird flue, aids. Think I’ll sit this one out.
Funny how this one started from the city where China has their “virology centre”. Really - how stupid do they think the world is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,136 Posts
Tend to agree, but, the effect on the world economy could have a huge impact, the original SARS did but China is a far bigger player than 17-18 years ago. Add the false news sent OS about how the whole of Australia was burning to the impact of lower Chinese tourism from this and we will be hit hard.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,642 Posts
I don’t drink Corona, prefer Great Northern
But I have been to Wuhan.
Didn’t think much of it and wouldn’t be surprised what viruses live there especially at the KFC.
Ps: they sell fish in their KFC store.
That’s not chicken !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,136 Posts
Well there goes the conversation!!

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
nissan
13,846 Posts
maybe it wont be a meteorite that ends us..

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,136 Posts
It was this guy Torretto..........corona everwhere.

View attachment 515824
If you can't beat them, join them lol,

I've worked in Mexico and drank in some of the little bars (had a bodyguard), locals reckon Corona and Sol are the crap beers they let out of the country, the others they try to hang onto, like Tecate, hmmmm! nice drop.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm, should I be worried?
AC57A508-EC50-42E3-B7BE-A3017BD2E3C2.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,642 Posts
A mate flew back from China yesterday and they had passengers onboard that had just flown in from Wuhan. Now he is stressing about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,448 Posts
Been expecting a pandemic for a long time.

We are over populated and ol mother nature has a way of restoring balance.

Possibly not a bad thing.

But economically it could be devastating for us all.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,379 Posts

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,448 Posts
Holy chit, we can't even get approvals in that time! :unsure: :eek:

Foo
Totalitarian state who can ignore their own red tape, not worry about labor unions, and can rely on the steady the influx of cheap enforced labor from provincial towns etc etc.

The force people in their thousands into these sort of thing, the people have no choice.

You want that here?

But as fast and safe buildings rise in China (and they are fit for purpose), they’re not necessarily always sustainable.

Quote; “They [the hospitals] meet the standards when it comes to structural integrity, but perhaps not in energy consumption,” Helbig explains. “I can’t imagine that these are the most optimized buildings.” Beijing’s Xiaotangshan Hospital was “quietly abandoned” after the SARS epidemic was contained, as BBC reports. Because it’s hard to adapt such a specialized facility for any other use, it makes the sprawling hospitals largely useless post-emergency.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,379 Posts
Totalitarian state who can ignore their own red tape, not worry about labor unions, and can rely on the steady the influx of cheap enforced labor from provincial towns etc etc.

The force people in their thousands into these sort of thing, the people have no choice.

You want that here?

But as fast and safe buildings rise in China (and they are fit for purpose), they’re not necessarily always sustainable.

Quote; “They [the hospitals] meet the standards when it comes to structural integrity, but perhaps not in energy consumption,” Helbig explains. “I can’t imagine that these are the most optimized buildings.” Beijing’s Xiaotangshan Hospital was “quietly abandoned” after the SARS epidemic was contained, as BBC reports. Because it’s hard to adapt such a specialized facility for any other use, it makes the sprawling hospitals largely useless post-emergency.
We need a sarcasm emoji, because that's what my point was = takes years and years for paperwork to be done here and over there they build a whole bloody hospital in six months. Yes I know what that place is like and that people are cheap.

Foo

·
Registered
550 Posts
Do people not realise how many people die each year from the flu? Just in Australia alone we have a few thousand deaths annually. At most what, maybe 1000 people worldwide will die from this particular strain :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 1330 Posts