Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1306 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6,209 Posts
Last week the Qld national parks halved the numbers of campers allowed in the larger camp grounds and a number of people that had considered joining us for Easter rang to let us know the camp ground at Wallaman Falls was now full but the premier said in a press conference about midday today that all national parks in the state are now closed for camping. There is a spot we call Crocodile Gorge on a grazing lease about 5 hours from home that would be perfect but my wife has 87 year old parents who are not in the best of health and she wants to be somewhere closer to town that has mobile reception as well. Looks like I'll be web surfing at home over Easter instead of going bush with friends and extended family.

I guess I'm lucky because this is the first significant consequence to my life from this virus. Camping at Easter time is a big event in our family. We have four adult children. One lives locally with her husband and baby daughter, one lives in Darwin with his wife and the other two live in Canberra. All were coming home for Easter to camp with us before travel restrictions stuffed that. Those of us that could, were still going until the door was closed on that today. This is only the second time in the last 30 years that we've spent an Easter at home. The first was 4 years ago just after I retired when life was pretty busy and I thought that I'd rather go camping outside of school holidays anyway. When the kids heard we were not going anywhere for Easter they all did a major dummy spit saying they had never stayed home for Easter in their lives and weren't about to start now. It was too late at that stage to get things sorted in time but it drove home to me how precious were the times the kids spent camping while they were growing up. I'm rambling. Just pissed about my first world problems when people are dying from this disease. I'll shut up.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
155 Posts
I would have liked to go up the mountains for a fish, but it looks like it will be at my dam, so guess will be staying here and the fly box can dry a bit more.

Wonder what the authorities would say if I said, "was going to get tucker":unsure:

Will stay home....

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting a general message out there, so many morons who take no notice of anything, what would you have him do? I'm interested. My old Boss always said, "Don't come to me with a problem, come with a solution". I'd like to hear yours in detail.

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
Nissan
29,861 Posts
People like my fil.
We warned him of the seriousness of this virus and he agreed with us but he still does stupid chit like visiting people and going to Coles just to get bananas...🙄.

We layed the law out to him again last night..
By phone because we're not excepting any visitors for reason already stated..

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
Stop people moving around..
Some People here clearly are not taking any notice to what's going on or the seriousness of the situation....
People like my fil.
We warned him of the seriousness of this virus and he agreed with us but he still does stupid chit like visiting people and going to Coles just to get bananas...🙄.

We layed the law out to him again last night..
By phone because we're not excepting any visitors for reason already stated..
So, what would you have scomo do? Come around personally and arrest everyone who breaks a rule? We live in a democracy, the taking away of peoples rites is viewed very badly, you only need to listen to the whinging happening now, there are rules out there, clearly posted for all to see, maybe we need a Stasi unit to enforce the existing regs or even better why don't family and friends speak up to them.

To paraphrase P T Barnum. You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
Well stay the fck away from me !!!

Because I'm doing everything thing in my powers to protect my family...
Unlike some..
And you think your Robinson Crusoe? I have neighbours who have just returned from OS and supposed to be in isolation, so far so good but I know one of them isn't going to like it one bit, have another who flies regularly, my wife and I are keeping our distance from everybody, it isn't really that hard.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Had this discussion today with someone whose wife has just returned from OS so she is in isolation, he reckons he has no worries unless she shows symptons, I pointed out that may be too late as if she has picked it up she is probably carrying in the meantime.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Very impressed this morning. The Hypermarket was one in, one out. A bit too good for the poor boogers who don't get up early. The queue was long when I left. But everyone was keeping a good 3m distance.

The Army are on the streets as of noon today.

The message from the Gov is:
'Stay at home and all will be ok'
Catchy that.
Practically deserted roads.

Shelves were not empty but certain item's seem gone forever at this point.

Plenty more police around. You can clearly see who's got the dosh or contacts, they have N95's. :rolleyes:

No rigs or trucks on the main through road. That concerned me a bit.

I made it my business to know most cops and security guard's, staff in places for some years. Not for favours, but just to know. It's a long cold road sometimes.
At least there's a smile or a hoot here and there.

I got lucky. A cleaner was spraying trolley handles near me. Cool I thought, got me a clean one lol!

13 passed over
79 cleared.
The other numbers are disgusting.

We're waiting for updates, non essential hospital staff who've finished with detail are being sent home for the day so far.

Tifn
🍺

·
Registered
604 Posts
We are now stopping traffic in all cities. Checking papers. There's a super huge fine for anyone not having the correct papers.
Jail if not paid.

What I see happening reminds me of those WWII movies in Europe.

Still paying a fine for some might be worth the death sentence they might provide.

And the irony?
I won't get my bus back this week. Parts comps can only make 1 delivery per day 🤣

Better be alive to drive it, than dead.

·
Registered
nissan
6,209 Posts
We have local council elections coming up for the whole state. They either need to postpone them for 6 months or send everyone postal votes, otherwise polling booths will become infection clusters.

1001 - 1020 of 1306 Posts