I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,021
We prevoted, no crowds, in and out.

·
Registered
547 Posts
QLD has theirs on the weekend and I haven't heard any plans if it being postponed. A lot have voted early though which helps. Found it very annoying when I rocked up to vote and all the party representatives were all trying to hand me how to vote cards with zero respect to my 1.5m personal space.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
We prevoted, no crowds, in and out.
Me three
QLD has theirs on the weekend and I haven't heard any plans if it being postponed. A lot have voted early though which helps. Found it very annoying when I rocked up to vote and all the party representatives were all trying to hand me how to vote cards with zero respect to my 1.5m personal space.
Different to what I experienced last week, the pathway to the building was clear and the people handing out pamphlets (including a couple of mayoral candidates) were outside the line of the walkway so at least 1.5m away. When wife and I walked into the building there was a guy at the door who was spacing people and dispensing hand sanitiser, everyone inside was correctly spaced as were the voting booths, the guy also dispensed hand sanitiser to us as we left, very well organised actually.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Me three

Different to what I experienced last week, the pathway to the building was clear and the people handing out pamphlets (including a couple of mayoral candidates) were outside the line of the walkway so at least 1.5m away. When wife and I walked into the building there was a guy at the door who was spacing people and dispensing hand sanitiser, everyone inside was correctly spaced as were the voting booths, the guy also dispensed hand sanitiser to us as we left, very well organised actually.
Wonder if they are handing out single use pencils.
As no pen sharing at work. If it remains on the desk. And no one claims it. It goes in the bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
6,209 Posts
Queensland education department has just announced that schools will close a week early for Easter. At this stage they are planning to return to school at normal time after Easter but anything can happen in the next three weeks. Teachers will still go to work in this extra week but most of them are snowed with work at the moment producing material suitable for those families keeping kids at home so they welcome the student free time to get stuff done. It won't be a holiday for the teachers..

·
Registered
841 Posts
That’s what they did here.
First plan was close schools a day early for planning. Then that got extended to the Tuesday.
Vic school holidays were to start this Friday night anyway.

My sister is still doing 12hr days as a teacher.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
If only it could work but the facts would need to be 100% water proof.

Foo

·
Registered
NISSAN PATROL Y61 3.0 Di (ZD30) 09/2000
492 Posts
Our govenment, under the political pressure of other parties, did organize the first round of elections, and the next day decided the confnment.

That was a big, tremendous mistake.

Confinment will last for another month. Kids will not go back to school until after Easter.

You walk in our tracks.
Take care.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,477 Posts
NSW and VIC are pushing for total shutdown. If the trend keeps on its current curve I say this will happen. Next week sometime.

Indonesia worry's me more than China ever has.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
These are the sort of ads that should be prolific on free to air TV. I'd like to see the doubled up dole, sorry newstart, payments being spent on ads instead of doubling their "pay".
Otherwise I think what we are doing is reasonable. I think Donalds' ramblings about ramping back up because the recession like conditions could be worse than the virus have partial merit. I'm just not sure where the middle ground is.
If the morons who can't follow sensibile recommendations were only infecting each other because the smart ones were all avoiding them then I would say it's about time we let natural selection thin the heard and increase our mean IQ.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Me three

I've gone postal but boss went in yesterday. He was only one there but they had witches hats spaced out to reaffirm distancing and if you don't bring your own pen they advise you to throw away the pen they supply you.

The cross fitters and F45ers are the next big group of wankers to watch, the boss's wife is one and she's already acting like a crack whore after a couple of days banned.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Wonder if they are handing out single use pencils.
As no pen sharing at work. If it remains on the desk. And no one claims it. It goes in the bin.

I don't share or lend pens anyway cause I suck them, at least I used to.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
The cross fitters and F45ers are the next big group of wankers to watch, the boss's wife is one and she's already acting like a crack whore after a couple of days banned.
A neighbours wife is a fitness freak, just come back from OS on a walking holiday so she's in lockdown, but I can't see her lasting the distance.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
You know all this fixation on numbers and potential multiplications!!
Apperently we had another 130 confirmed under todays date and mostly it's reported as OMG another 130. I can see it as ONLY another 130 especially when compared to the 359 the day before.
To me that's not a panic even if the overall trend is still rising. Didn't all the theories suggest todays tally should be more like 1000.
For the record I've locked the office screen door now and make them read my sign. I have to let them in for the EFTPOS at least but at least it's under controlled conditions and they are not barging in and touching everything. Just have a pump bottle of alcohol to spray the door and counter. And the useless jobs for, dare I say it some old farts with nothing better to do I fob off. Had one today that wanted 2 colorbond sh!tcatcher trays folded up for his budgie cages. Told him they would be too dear in the tooling of our press brake, he asked if we had a pan brake to do them in as that's how he's done them before. I said no hoping our pan brake was still hidden from view.
2 issues in that:
1- job not worth reasonable profit margin really, especially in this climate.
2- I don't take kindly to people telling me how I can/should do my job (or that it is just a 5 minute job. That one really closes off my empathy meter🖕)

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
A neighbours wife is a fitness freak, just come back from OS on a walking holiday so she's in lockdown, but I can't see her lasting the distance.
Bosses wife is a teacher. One minute whinging about having to work through this, the whole babysitting thing. Next minute expecting that govt should shut down schools for possibly months and keep paying her $2k/week to sit on her arse. Next minute scheming with other teachers to use the school gym for their own use as empty at present. Even boss saw red on that one and said "so you are happy to mingle in that scenario and touch all that unsanitised equipment with people whose own activities you can't fully trust, then come home and possibly put your family at unnecessary risk" . She doesn't even properly comprehend the meaning of full lockdown anyway.
That didn't end well for him as he had to go out about an hour later to pick up the $1k worth of weight equip she just bought. He was going to chase up second hand on weekend and sterilise but she couldn't go another day.
There are rumors around here that a local gym is still operating in some capacity and the gym owners wife is still doing yoga. I think on the pretext of being personal trainers who can apparently still operate with very small numbers.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
Saw one the other day where a woman ran a small business from home, more a hobby than anything so she fronts for a govt handout but during the questioning it turns out her husband earns to much, then she's P'd off.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,103 Posts
1021 - 1040 of 1306 Posts