1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a ball park figure of what having NADS
(Dawes, Needle valve & Catch Can)
plus Boost and EGT guage installed will set me back? I know it will vary state to state and mechanic to mechanic but i'm not overly mechanically skilled so wont attempt any of it myself?

Originally Posted by GU Bundy
NADS are
Dawes and Needle valve to remove control of the turbo from the ECU or just a dawes to prevent over boosting... again ther are a few methods... look up Chaz or whitie on here... Geeyoutoo... Paul helm... all are very good with this stuff and heaps of other great ideas.
Nissan Patrol Turbo Boost Adjust Kit.
and the Dawes from here
TDi Boost Controller

Catch Can to prevent oily mist from entering back into your intake and contaminating the MAF(Mass Air flow) There are many types of comercially available catch cans people use and you can make your own too
Block the EGR... yours may already be blocked but you need to check this

Boost and EGT gauge to monitor your engines egsaust temp and boost.

These would be the most important things to do. In fact these mods saved my engine just recently when a vacume hose leak occured and my ERT's went through the roof. Because I could see it happening I ajusted my driving style and got it hoem and quick fix. There are plent of threads on here. Just use the search function.
Once you have read the refernce document it will give you a better understnding and more intermit knowledge about the workings of your troll.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that clears it up. Does anyone know anywhere in Adelaide that they would recommend doing it? Or have been to recently to have work done?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Thanks, that clears it up. Does anyone know anywhere in Adelaide that they would recommend doing it? Or have been to recently to have work done?
PM Dronus4x4 he's in Adelaide.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
19 Posts
hey mate ive rang up a couple of places in adelaide to get these mods done and they all want some stupid amount, but one of my mates mates owns boostinoz in salisbury and he will do the boost and egt guage for a significantly smaller price than all the others, dont know about the rest of the stuff, but this may help, pm me if ya want and maybe he'll do cheaper again for a couple of cars

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Rest of the stuff is pretty easy, get all the parts first up

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,657 Posts
If metalman can get you a good price on a Boost & EGT gauge install then go for it if you are not setup do do it yourself.
You will have dificulty getting a mechanic to do the Dawes and needle valve + the egr block. It is not that much known outside this forum. They are easy enough to do yourself with the aid of the forum and some basic tools. (With the addition of a knife. You could do it with the patrols standard toolkit.)
Most mechanics would be able to install a catch can. Cross Country 4X4 in Adaliade should be able to help.

·
Registered
nissan
216 Posts
I think the Cross Country 4X4 'ZD30 anti-detonation kit' includes dawes and needle, catch can and egr block. I'm looking for somewhere to install gauges for me as I don't have the time or knowhow. I was gonna try Cross Country or Autobahn

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Im going to organise an Adelaide meetup specifically to share the knowledge on where the boost / EGT / Dawes / Needle valves are in the big picture.

While im not geared up to install them for people at the time, maybe by seeing where they are installed it might help people understand whats involved.

Check out the meetups threads soon to see when its happening.

It's the least i can do to help give something back to the forum for all the help and advice ive reaped from it :)

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Thread created in the trips section - see there for details -

People with the gauges installed are welcome too to help share the knowledge :)

PM'd Rusty

·
Bush and Beach-Bum
nissan
622 Posts
At first I thought "hang on, I didn'y post this thread......" :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
drop in and see Tony at Profix Port Adelaide..... recently had an intercooler upgrade, 3 inch exhaust and dump pipe fitted... waiting on a high flow air box lid from ASE and EGT/Boost gauges + pod to come in then they are organsing to have it tuned on the dyno. (GUIII TD42)

recently they did a heap of work on a mates CRD3.0 and he is more then impressed with it.

They also fitted a 3inch lift kit to mine at the same time and a 3inch to my mates.

Give Tony a buzz 8341 2878

1 - 14 of 14 Posts