Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day
I read with interest the modifications to the 3.0 lt models - NADS (Nissan Anti Detonation System):). What are the components and rough total cost?
I did a quick search on NADS and couldn't find the answer.
When i replace the mighty TD42 it will probably be a series III of IV and will factor the cost of NADS when purchasing

Responses appreciated

Tango173

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yep your right, TD42 all the way to 06!. Can't justify the extra $ they command on the 2nd hand market though! The old supply and demand situation. I think they are overpriced because of it, especially for the old technology and therefor would probably go the 3.0L.

Still intersted in the original post question :)

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Usual parts consist of catch can (most of use provent 200 - $180), can either go with ecu talk (don't the know the price) or seperate gauges for boost ($100) and pyro ($250) and a pillar pod ($150) to beaten it all up.

Then we move onto boost control. Dawes valve ($130) and needle valve ($70) plus associated fittings. Blocking egr ($30 for the shim from ferret a vendor on here) or you can make your own.

There are little mods and tweaks people have done but it all depends on your driving style ie towing/purely offroad

if you want to know more there is oodles of info, just have a search

cheers and good luck

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,346 Posts
Tango173,
As you can appreciate, the total cost will depend on a few factors such as brands and quality of items as well as how much of the work you can do yourself. In most cases you could get out of it for under $1K.
Boost and EGT Gauges……………$400
Provent 200 crankcase filter…..$200
Dawes & Needle Valves…………..$100
EGR Block Plate……………………….$0
There are other mods worth doing, but these are the most important ones. I would also seriously consider an ECUTalk module and perhaps a decent exhaust if funds allowed. If you wanted to go further, an electric fuel supply pump and sedimenter add additional insurance.
Cheers,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chuckles and Chaz
Thanks, just what I was after.
Cheers
Tango173

·
Registered
179 Posts
NADS? I'm confused as well.

Is this an official "cure" or just a made up word by the forum members?

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is hilarious! I really believed that Nissan had developed such a system and asked us to install!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts