Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

721 - 740 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,858 Posts
so is that just normal of china?
Yes it is normal PRC practice. It has escalated. Poke the bear and you will get a response.

"For example, the Prime Minister on October 4 2018, a month after assuming office, told an Australian-Chinese community lunch:

Our government is strongly committed to working closely with China’s leaders to advance our Comprehensive Strategic Partnership. This is very important to us, because it’s the unique partnership that provides an invaluable framework for progressing our mutual and complementary interests"

Our Pm started the escalation with his push for an investigation into the origins of covid. The PRC are pushing back.

What did he expect.

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,217 Posts
Yes it is normal PRC practice. It has escalated. Poke the bear and you will get a response.

"For example, the Prime Minister on October 4 2018, a month after assuming office, told an Australian-Chinese community lunch:

Our government is strongly committed to working closely with China’s leaders to advance our Comprehensive Strategic Partnership. This is very important to us, because it’s the unique partnership that provides an invaluable framework for progressing our mutual and complementary interests"

Our Pm started the escalation with his push for an investigation into the origins of covid. The PRC are pushing back.

What did he expect.
I think it's very unlike china to hit Australia so hard as they have done recently. Yes at times they do things to Australia with one thing but not do multiple things in quick concession... That's not normal for them.
They have their nose out of joint and so they bloody well should.

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,217 Posts
Well at first we were just chewygum on the souls of China's shoes..
Now we're just white trash..
Bit racist one would say...
But I'm thick skinned and can take it...

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,871 Posts
Citizens Of Victoria Ignore Direction = COVID .

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,215 Posts
I think it's very unlike china to hit Australia so hard as they have done recently. Yes at times they do things to Australia with one thing but not do multiple things in quick concession... That's not normal for them.
They have their nose out of joint and so they bloody well should.
Ask anyone with a rural background, you'll soon learn chin has been doing this for decades. They pull in and out of contracts whenever they like. Its only in more recent years that we hear about it as we have "tried" to hold them to account, so now they mount cases making claims of "dumping" like what's happened to the wine and barley industries, or use "pest contaminated", etc to wriggle out of paying for our produce.

They are a fickle country to deal with and Scomo is the 'straw that broke the camel's back', so to speak. They think they hold enough power to get away with it so are flexing their muscle trying to pull us back into line.
We really need to be able to show we can live without their trade business, to pull them into line, but that is really difficult given the size of the trades we do with them.

Reactions: Haggie and Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,855 Posts
Ask anyone with a rural background, you'll soon learn chin has been doing this for decades. They pull in and out of contracts whenever they like. Its only in more recent years that we hear about it as we have "tried" to hold them to account, so now they mount cases making claims of "dumping" like what's happened to the wine and barley industries, or use "pest contaminated", etc to wriggle out of paying for our produce.

They are a fickle country to deal with and Scomo is the 'straw that broke the camel's back', so to speak. They think they hold enough power to get away with it so are flexing their muscle trying to pull us back into line.
We really need to be able to show we can live without their trade business, to pull them into line, but that is really difficult given the size of the trades we do with them.
EdZackery, been doing it for eons, I said somewhere else a while back this Barley thing didn't start with covid, it had been going on for 3 years, they do this crap regularly, China is just one very big bully that the world unwittingly allowed to expand into such a role, I've worked in many places around the world including PNG and a few Pacific Islands, have seen what they get up to.
There is much work going on in the background trying to develop other markets, I seem to remember talk about a possible agreement with India re Barley.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,338 Posts
Because all business people see is "huge emerging market", so therefore the rest of the country should bend over and take it up the posterior so they can sell the Chinese their product.

Then they whinge when the Chinese use them as pawns in their shenanigans.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #728

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,190 Posts
3 weeks ago I took the kids for a walk around the lake in Wodonga, quite a few people out with 100% mask compliance. Today we went out there again and it would have been lucky to have 50% compliance, probably closer to 30% of people wearing masks that should have. I think Victorians, particularly those in regions without any active cases in months are well and truly over being considered a risk.

Reactions: 45/70

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,338 Posts
3 weeks ago I took the kids for a walk around the lake in Wodonga, quite a few people out with 100% mask compliance. Today we went out there again and it would have been lucky to have 50% compliance, probably closer to 30% of people wearing masks that should have. I think Victorians, particularly those in regions without any active cases in months are well and truly over being considered a risk.
Yep. Today I was talking (briefly) to my uncle who lives in the country. He wears a mask when he goes into town, but other than that?

"I don't think the barley crop will catch covid."

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,327 Posts
0 cases now in Ballarat.

·
Go The Knights and Blues
32,217 Posts
Well what a complement to NSW by Victorian, Dirty Dan the Dictating monkey mob.
His health professionals are seeking advice/ knowledge on how to conduct contact tracing of the virus....

NSW are the best in this area..
You only have to look at the wonderful job Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant and her team have done...( And what a good looker she is)😍 lol
Our case numbers speak for themselves..

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
Well what a complement to NSW by Victorian, Dirty Dan the Dictating monkey mob.
His health professionals are seeking advice/ knowledge on how to conduct contact tracing of the virus....

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #739
Come up here and say that to my face , oh wait, you can’t ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
15,327 Posts
Come up here and say that to my face , oh wait, you can’t ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Tom Hanks and his entourage is gunna wipe out ya filthy community Bradley.

721 - 740 of 758 Posts