24,963 Posts
😇

Foo

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,859 Posts
They're saying not only is he on several experimental drugs (he may even come out a better person than when he went in) he is also on Steroids, this surprised me, I thought he had always been on Steroids :rolleyes:.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #764
They can be used for various ailments.

Steroids are synthetic substances similar to the male sex hormone testosterone. They do have legitimate medical uses. Sometimes doctors prescribe anabolic steroids to help people with certain kinds of anemia and men who don't produce enough testosterone on their own. Doctors also prescribe a different kind of steroid, called corticosteroids, to reduce swelling. Corticosteroids are not anabolic steroids and do not have the same harmful effects.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,859 Posts

Steroids are synthetic substances similar to the male sex hormone testosterone. They do have legitimate medical uses. Sometimes doctors prescribe anabolic steroids to help people with certain kinds of anemia and men who don't produce enough testosterone on their own. Doctors also prescribe a different kind of steroid, called corticosteroids, to reduce swelling. Corticosteroids are not anabolic steroids and do not have the same harmful effects.
Well, there goes the joke :). I wasn't being serious..........

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #766
Oh, stuffed up again, I did. 🙄

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,963 Posts

Don't think there's any drug available that can make him less of an idiotic narcassistic arsehole than he already is? 🤔 :rolleyes:

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,963 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #771
Saw this article recently.

OK, here’s the skinny on the origins of Covid19. You would have heard most of this from various sources, many of which are considered “fringe” at best. This, however, comes from the lips of a brilliant geneticist from the UK who knows what he is talking about, but for now wishes to remain nameless.

Covid 19 is unlike any natural coronavirus. Normal Coronavirus mutate from time to time, but one strand at a time, which keeps them ahead of a steadily improving immune response in their hosts (us).

Covid 19 has a huge chunk of mutated DNA which means that it could only have been created artificially in a laboratory. It was, in fact, created in the laboratory in Wuhan and didn’t originate in a plate of off-colour bat stew.

Covid 19 is highly infectious because it is designed to be so. Normal Coronavirus types can only gain entry to a cell through one method. Covid 19 has 3 ways to gain entry.

Covid 19 contains strands of DNA from the AIDS virus.

The reason for this is that the Wuhan lab were trying to find a cure for AIDS.

They were splicing AIDS DNA onto coronavirus carriers to inject it into human cells as a way to provoke immunity. This is normal type of research.

Unfortunately, as anyone who has recently purchased power tools from Bunnings can attest, the Chinese aren’t yet quite up to ‘world’s best practice’ in technology.

That isn’t to bag out the Chinese. When Soichiro Honda first took a motorcycle to race at the Isle of Man, everyone laughed at him.

The next year he returned and won the race.

East Asians have a high IQ and the Chinese are developing rapidly. For now, however, laboratory protocols are something they need to brush up on.

So, the virus escaped and caused some fairly serious problems around the world. The Chinese put on their usual inscrutable face and denied everything, of course.

Unfortunately for them, Western leaders like Trump and Morrison (surprisingly) called them on it.

This translated to a huge loss of face for the Chinese who felt great shame. They didn’t feel guilt, which may have led them to try to make amends. Instead, they felt shame which drives men to lash out at their victims.

The Chinese have therefore been promoting destructive lockdowns, mask wearing and Government intrusion around the Western world. Other enemies of the West have also been using the opportunity to weaken us.

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
2005 Patrol ZD30 DI
97 Posts
Plenty of alternative articles out there spouting equally nonsensical guff. That's no more than Facebook fluff, stated to be from an expert, but with no credible information, just speculation, paranoia and casual xenophobia. The world would be better for people not propagating information that has no verifiable basis.

I'm not claiming to know better, to know different, to know much beyond my personal experiences with Covid. This kind of 'information' is 100% unhelpful and shouldn't be thrown around as credible. It isn't.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,859 Posts
Saw this article recently.

OK, here’s the skinny on the origins of Covid19. You would have heard most of this from various sources, many of which are considered “fringe” at best. This, however, comes from the lips of a brilliant geneticist from the UK who knows what he is talking about, but for now wishes to remain nameless.

Covid 19 is unlike any natural coronavirus. Normal Coronavirus mutate from time to time, but one strand at a time, which keeps them ahead of a steadily improving immune response in their hosts (us).

Covid 19 has a huge chunk of mutated DNA which means that it could only have been created artificially in a laboratory. It was, in fact, created in the laboratory in Wuhan and didn’t originate in a plate of off-colour bat stew.

Covid 19 is highly infectious because it is designed to be so. Normal Coronavirus types can only gain entry to a cell through one method. Covid 19 has 3 ways to gain entry.

Covid 19 contains strands of DNA from the AIDS virus.

The reason for this is that the Wuhan lab were trying to find a cure for AIDS.

They were splicing AIDS DNA onto coronavirus carriers to inject it into human cells as a way to provoke immunity. This is normal type of research.

Unfortunately, as anyone who has recently purchased power tools from Bunnings can attest, the Chinese aren’t yet quite up to ‘world’s best practice’ in technology.

That isn’t to bag out the Chinese. When Soichiro Honda first took a motorcycle to race at the Isle of Man, everyone laughed at him.

The next year he returned and won the race.

East Asians have a high IQ and the Chinese are developing rapidly. For now, however, laboratory protocols are something they need to brush up on.

So, the virus escaped and caused some fairly serious problems around the world. The Chinese put on their usual inscrutable face and denied everything, of course.

Unfortunately for them, Western leaders like Trump and Morrison (surprisingly) called them on it.

This translated to a huge loss of face for the Chinese who felt great shame. They didn’t feel guilt, which may have led them to try to make amends. Instead, they felt shame which drives men to lash out at their victims.

The Chinese have therefore been promoting destructive lockdowns, mask wearing and Government intrusion around the Western world. Other enemies of the West have also been using the opportunity to weaken us.
Sorry not buying it :).

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,498 Posts
Depending on which days' data the Victorian government uses to make their decision, (03/10-16/10 or 04/10-17/10), the current numbers are:

Victoria:
03/10-16/10 -- 60 cases in 6 days, average of 10
04/10-17/10 -- 52 cases in 5 days, average of 10.4

Melbourne:
03/10-16/10 -- 57 cases in 6 days, average of 9.5
04/10-17/10 -- 49 cases in 5 days, average of 9.8

We need 70 cases in 14 days, average of 5. A couple of days ago Victoria's 14 day average was 10.6. It took NSW 38 days to get from 10.6 down to 5, To meet the next target on 19/10, Victoria would need to achieve the same in 10 days. If we follow the 38 day theory then Victoria should be ready for the next step on 13/11.

Tipping we won't make it. Be interesting to see what Dan does then. There will be howls of outrage from those incapable of counting that, "But he promised the next step would be on 19/10!!!!!"

I wonder if there will be a "step 2.5" inserted into the plan for the 19/10?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,859 Posts
340,000+ diagnosed worldwide in the last 24 hour period :oops:.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,963 Posts
Yeah, it's far from under control!

Foo

Reactions: Haggie

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,038 Posts
Yeah, it's far from under control!

Foo
Yeah Europe, British Isles and the Americas have a long way to go. My wifes SIL is butthurt about being stuck in Australia. Just because she is on the board of some bank in England she thinks she should be allowed back. My wife's brother is stuck os. I talked to him the other day. He is fine with it and only will return if he can isolate at home.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #779

Reactions: Foo
761 - 780 of 801 Posts