Discussion Starter #785
CORVIDS - 19
33C0DBE0-D581-4146-A1B8-316A7E668124.jpeg

Reactions: Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Well, we can put #### on our systems of controling covid 19 as much as we like, but, the upshot is we are undoubtedly a world leader in its control. I have many friends in the US and only recently told them my thoughts were with them and to make sure they took all the precautions they thought necessary. I'm certainly happy I'm not there right now.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
I had to make a phone call to a professional in mid west US first thing this morning, it was in an area I had worked for over a year some years ago. When the subject was closed I asked how things were going covid wise and he said not good, there had been a recent big upsurge in cases, so I told him to hang in there and stay safe. My Linkdin account has me still in the US and I regularly get offers of projects, even if I physically could I would not even consider a move there.

I'm hearing hospitals in many states are running at 90+% capacity.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,034 Posts
Re America hopefully the new President elect can get a handle on this. Regardless of politics the current President has been asleep at the wheel.

Total deaths - 271,029 with a projected 60,000 more in the next three weeks.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Re America hopefully the new President elect can get a handle on this. Regardless of politics the current President has been asleep at the wheel.

Total deaths - 271,029 with a projected 60,000 more in the next three weeks.
Have you seen the data on flights over the thanksgiving period, airports and planes full as well as the skies being full, if I can find it again I'll post it, absolutely astounding when most states were telling thir people to stay home. There could be a spike because of this if people were not taking huge precautions.
Found it

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,034 Posts
Have you seen the data on flights over the thanksgiving period, airports and planes full as well as the skies being full, if I can find it again I'll post it, absolutely astounding when most states were telling thir people to stay home. There could be a spike because of this if people were not taking huge precautions.
Found it
Yes that is where the predicated spike is coming from. Hope they are wrong.

Sucks to be old and must be only old people flying according to Plumma. If the earth was flat his kettle would not boil.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,660 Posts
Yes that is where the predicated spike is coming from. Hope they are wrong.

Sucks to be old and must be only old people flying according to Plumma. If the earth was flat his kettle would not boil.

No, No,

If the earth was flat my td42 would boil.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,300 Posts
View attachment 526247

I'll just leave this here...
Gee I really missed my time on here when you read stuff like this and on a forum with many older contributors.
Can't be bothered checking the veracity of it but....

We should just let all the older people drop dead.
No need to take any precautions to protect them.
The contributions they have made to our society and our way of life don't warrant us inconveniencing ourselves or making any sacrifices.
Let em go.
Their brothers and sisters, children and grandchildren, friends and neighbours won't miss em.
Let em go and keep on living life as if nothing is happening. Seems like the compassionate, considerate and intelligent choice to make.

781 - 794 of 794 Posts