Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

861 - 880 of 898 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #861 ·
I won’t be rushing off to get ‘the jab’.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #863 ·
Why?

Foo

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Never buy the first model that comes out, also my Doctor told me. 😁👍💉

Reactions: Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Never buy the first model that comes out, also my Doctor told me.
That's what I figured.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rgren2

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,571 Posts
Reactions: Foo and Haggie

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Take that the rest of Australia.

:unsure: 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 :poop:😇 Now remind me of how many people died there and how many people were on the floating germ spreading dinghy that walked away and spread it all over the place. :unsure:🖕bull:poop: they were. :rolleyes:

Foo

Reactions: rgren2

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Yeah as usual South Australia doesn't exist. We have done a better job than Sydney but Scomo doesn't live here does he.
What place is this ya talkin about, is that part of Australia? I though it was an Island near Tasmania, except full of churches instead of apple growing greenies. :unsure: 🤣 😇

Foo

Reactions: Haggie

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,348 Posts
:unsure: 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 :poop:😇 Now remind me of how many people died there and how many people were on the floating germ spreading dinghy that walked away and spread it all over the place. :unsure:🖕bull:poop: they were. :rolleyes:

Foo
My thoughts exactly.......Scotty from marketing says otherwise.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #871 ·
I’m not an antivaxer, just a bit leery of this.

Reactions: Haggie

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,571 Posts
Being part of an essential service in for my jab next week.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #873 ·

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #875 ·
Each to their own, having the vaccine is better than being a potential spreader.
From what I’ve read, all it does is reduce the symptoms. Doesn’t stop you getting it or spreading it. If I was still working, it would be mandatory for me too.
I‘m an unsociable ***** and avoid people, except close family and friends, even then I’m not into the hugging stuff. I shop when there are no crowds.
ATM, I can’t risk any infections. I am just following my doctors instructions, wait a bit.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,059 Posts
Doesn’t stop you getting it or spreading it.
Where did you read this? That is completely contrary to everything I've read, unless you are talking about the Bacille Calmette-Guérin vaccine which some people were having to supposedly reduce symptoms before the covid vaccine was available. The BCG vaccine was developed for Tuberculosis but there were some claims it reduced the severity of covid19 although no solid data is available to support that claim despite two clinical trials to address the question.

As far as covid19 vaccines are concerned all data from clinical trials supports the claim that all the approved vaccines are highly effective at preventing COVID-19 infection and if they stop you getting infected they stop you from spreading it. Info here from the Centres for Disease Control. COVID-19 and Your Health

Your doctor is right though. If you are in a low risk group and all the people you have contact with are in low risk groups then you might as well sit back and wait for the time being.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #877 ·
Has anyone had the ‘jab’? Did you get any reaction? My granddaughter’s husband (hospital worker) had it, was crook all night, he felt hot, then was cold. He says he feels ok now. He also said that quite a few colleagues had similar symptoms. 🤔

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Has anyone had the ‘jab’? Did you get any reaction? My granddaughter’s husband (hospital worker) had it, was crook all night, he felt hot, then was cold. He says he feels ok now. He also said that quite a few colleagues had similar symptoms. 🤔
That's what is supposed to happen, he of all people should know that! Go have a listen to some Podcasts that are done on the subject, as these are symptoms that are normal and show that the vaccine is interacting with the immune system and is only a 12-24hr thing.

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
581 Posts
my wife had the astra Zeneca one Friday arvo. same symptoms as your grand daughter along with vomiting, chits, headache and muscle soreness. Shes ok today.
sounds like most of her colleagues had similar experiences.
Don’t think I’m in a rush for that vaccine.

861 - 880 of 898 Posts