16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #881 ·
404E8696-2FD3-4A04-A05E-015EB29D6A1E.jpeg

Reactions: Foo and dkril

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
1,214 Posts
My parents had their AZ jab 2 weeks ago, and their flu jab 2 weeks before that. Just the usual sore arms from the injection, no other ill effects. They're very happy and looking forward to the freedom that immunisation will give them.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
My wife's parents (in their late 80s) and her brother (also high risk) had the AZ jab a week ago and all three have had zero effects. I'm wondering if their lack of symptoms is due to weak immune systems.
It would be the other way around, I would have thought? :unsure:

Foo

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,793 Posts
It would be the other way around, I would have thought? :unsure:

Foo
Nope. Evidence suggests that one factor in the side effects is a strong immune system. Hence their being more common among the younger members of society.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,059 Posts
30,000 Australians have tested positive to covid19 and 900 of them are dead which makes one in 33, while 2 million Australians have had the AZ vaccination and 2 of them are dead from blood clots which makes one in a million. If you are elderly, live in a capital city and have to regularly go to public places such as the supermarket then don't wait, get the jab.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
30,000 Australians have tested positive to covid19 and 900 of them are dead which makes one in 33, while 2 million Australians have had the AZ vaccination and 2 of them are dead from blood clots which makes one in a million. If you are elderly, live in a capital city and have to regularly go to public places such as the supermarket then don't wait, get the jab.
Had mine two weeks ago.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,348 Posts
The aged high care facility the wife works at was scheduled for resident vaccine rollout last Friday. Delayed for another two weeks. She was also of the understanding staff would be vaccinated under the same federal scheme. She has now been told by management staff are on their own? Staff (about eighty all up) had to indicate their preference for vaccine, yes or no? Only about twenty indicated yes, the wife included.

According to the government we are both eligible for vaccine as of tomorrow, so we will look into our options.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
The aged high care facility the wife works at was scheduled for resident vaccine rollout last Friday. Delayed for another two weeks. She was also of the understanding staff would be vaccinated under the same federal scheme. She has now been told by management staff are on their own? Staff (about eighty all up) had to indicate their preference for vaccine, yes or no? Only about twenty indicated yes, the wife included.

According to the government we are both eligible for vaccine as of tomorrow, so we will look into our options.

Management are trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the staff. 🤬 I'd like to know what's going on there with that statement. :unsure:

Foo

Reactions: Haggie

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #891 ·
Was with the Dr today, the injection will be available here very soon. He advised the bride to get it, me, no.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,348 Posts
Hope the guy who tested positive in Sydney found the BBQ he was looking for.
  • Joe's Barbeques & Heating, Silverwater 1/5/21
  • Tucker Barbecues, Silverwater 1/5/21
  • Barbeques Galore, Annandale 1/5/21
  • Barbeques Galore, Casula 1/5/21
On a more serious note the wife is still considering her jab options. She has recent history with blood clots, with heart surgery so far rectifying that.

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
1,214 Posts
On a more serious note the wife is still considering her jab options. She has recent history with blood clots, with heart surgery so far rectifying that.
With a history of blood clots she should be eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, provided she's willing to wait a while and maybe go to a centre for her jab. The -60° storage requirement for Pfizer makes it difficult for a local GP to keep it for longer than a day or so.
That's what my GP told me, since I had a blood clot in my leg early this year my doc strongly advised me to wait for Pfizer.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,348 Posts
With a history of blood clots she should be eligible for the Pfizer vaccine, provided she's willing to wait a while and maybe go to a centre for her jab. The -60° storage requirement for Pfizer makes it difficult for a local GP to keep it for longer than a day or so.
That's what my GP told me, since I had a blood clot in my leg early this year my doc strongly advised me to wait for Pfizer.
Thanks. Her doctor has retired so now organizing a new one.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,793 Posts
It's already been approved for 2 weeks in a normal freezer, or 5 days in a fridge.

I read the other day (and now can't find the link) that Pfizer are asking for approval for up to 4 weeks in a freezer, but no change to the fridge time.

Still, that's a damn sight easier than -70. And I doubt there will be too many doses left sitting around anywhere near that long.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,793 Posts
And now the US is apparently supporting the waiving of IP rights for covid vaccines.

I wonder what will happen if the pharmaceutical companies just refuse to cooperate.

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
1,214 Posts
It's already been approved for 2 weeks in a normal freezer, or 5 days in a fridge.

I read the other day (and now can't find the link) that Pfizer are asking for approval for up to 4 weeks in a freezer, but no change to the fridge time.

Still, that's a damn sight easier than -70. And I doubt there will be too many doses left sitting around anywhere near that long.
Yes, I thought that as well but my GP insisted on the short storage time for Pfizer.
Could be the practice just doesn't want the responsibility, since the big state-run centre will be only 10 minutes drive away from them.
You're also correct that Pfizer will not sit in storage, it'll get used up just as fast as it can be delivered.

And now the US is apparently supporting the waiving of IP rights for covid vaccines.

I wonder what will happen if the pharmaceutical companies just refuse to cooperate.
They might refuse, but I think they'll be forced to comply.
Whether they'll bother spending billions on developing a new vaccine for the next outbreak is another matter.

881 - 898 of 898 Posts