Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted one of these to a tb42 ? And does it require any extra parts to fit into the dizzy??

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Not a 3000 but i have a xr700 in mine. Seems to work okay but unfortunately I have just had mine die :( not a bad life out of it though been on the car since fairly much new :)

But I have a new on now and seems to be all good.

And yes you need to fit an optical pick up in the distributor, simple to do took me about 20 mins :)

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
too easy mate thanks for the reply, mate where did you get it and how much did u pay? if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
too easy mate thanks for the reply, mate where did you get it and how much did u pay? if you dont mind me asking
No worries mate, well originally it was from a place in SA but I picked up the replacement in Dandenong at Speed Pro. It worked out to be $124.50 because I only needed the crane box.....not the optical pick up. So I think they were about $50 so I guess your looking at about $170.

·
Registered
nissan
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds good mate, i might look into the xr3000 because im going to do a mild turbo setup and wanna get hei ignition happening. Do you still run standard coil with ballest ressistor?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts