Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my crank pulley is wobbling , radiator, fan , belts , all out that cone washer is not letting go bloodly thing :headwall:

·
Registered
nissangu
96 Posts
There should be a gap in the cone washer. Carefully drive a screwdriver into that gap from the front and that will open the washer and allow it to be removed from the crank. Hope that helps . Cheers Marn

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

it wobbles the cone that is but no move, no room for a puller in there
worsed bastard job ive had on this truck

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update compered it to my other engine I am winning but slowly frustrating job when you don't have fullaccess

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
feck it ,it's not coming off by my hand , give the dam truck to a garage to fix ,

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
You need to use pry bars evenly to get it to move then push it back on to get the cone washer.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gone past that point ,it's chipped in 4 places, I have no interest in doing the stinking job anymore, can only run the alt belt
but have spare engine and spare pulley

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Yeah mate I understand. It sucks arse when it turns to ****.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the cone wasn't installed to line up with the key way, bound the two together so brute force was the only opition mechanics both have big lumpson their hands from getting it off

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Jaysus, what a pr*ck of a job!

Don't blame you for giving to some poor mug that does that for a living. Bet it cost a $$ or two :(

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
two mechanics, 4 hours plus each to get it off we have done a deal $700 cash or $1100 on account

1 - 13 of 13 Posts