Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of members want to remove the factory boost controller after fitting a Tillix or Dawes valve but removing it will throw a code and light up the engine light on the CRD. Same goes for the swirl valve solenoid. Di doesn't care but the CRD will throw a code. Thanks to Mal from ZDwarriors we now have a $0.48 fix for these 2 issues.
Go to Jaycar and buy a 2 pack of resistors. 330ohm 1 watt resistor. Jaycar part number RR2762.
After bending the resistor as pictured. Unplug the Boost control Solenoid and plug the resistor into the plug in its place. Tape it up and you are done.
To disable the swirl control solenoid after blocking the EGR. Unplug it and insert the resistor in it's place.

Attachments

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
OK, how do people come up with these solutions? Is it trial and error, electronic theory, sheer genius or just luck.
Serious question.

·
Premium Member
25,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, how do people come up with these solutions? Is it trial and error, electronic theory, sheer genius or just luck.
Serious question.
Trial and error as well as electronic theory.
Next mod will be the EGR resistor mod so CRDs don't have to have a hole in the blanking plate.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,484 Posts
To disable the swirl control solenoid after blocking the EGR. Unplug it and insert the resistor in it's place.
Craig, educate me here.

Swirl valve solenoid mod, so unplugged this keeps the the 2nd throttle plate (if called that) open always?

Located drivers side of eng near firewall?

Resistor just stops fault code register?

Provides for more air eg: improved response (low down torque)?

·
Premium Member
25,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Craig, educate me here.

Swirl valve solenoid mod, so unplugged this keeps the the 2nd throttle plate (if called that) open always?

Located drivers side of eng near firewall?

Resistor just stops fault code register?

Provides for more air eg: improved response (low down torque)?
Yeah mate. Butterflies are normally open. Unplugging the solinoid stops the ecu from being able to shut them. Resistor stops error code. No need for it once egr is disabled.

I like shiny stuff

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Yeah mate. Butterflies are normally open. Unplugging the solinoid stops the ecu from being able to shut them. Resistor stops error code. No need for it once egr is disabled.

I like shiny stuff
OK with EGR turned off with remap (disabled), do I stiil do the swirl valve mod as U describe?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Technically no you wrote Skegbudley. Can you explain? Remap with egr delete. If I still have the resistor laying around, is there any reason why I should not use it to plug in the resistor? Or should I just leave it be..?

·
Premium Member
25,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Technically no you wrote Skegbudley. Can you explain? Remap with egr delete. If I still have the resistor laying around, is there any reason why I should not use it to plug in the resistor? Or should I just leave it be..?
There is no harm in doing it. If you have the resistor then I would put it in.

I like shiny stuff

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
There is no harm in doing it. If you have the resistor then I would put it in.

I like shiny stuff
Mate,

So for 50cents do it any way?

Did U install with remap?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Can someone steer me in the right direction, 2007 CRD where is the swirl control plug that the resistor fits into and what colour.
Do I need to fit a resistor if the EGR plate is fitted, does it stop the P0401 code

·
Premium Member
25,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Plug the 330ohm 1 watt resistor in here.

I like shiny stuff

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Disconnected the swirl control and fitted the resistor, it still throws the P0401 code or do I have the fit a second resistor somewhere else

·
Premium Member
25,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Disconnected the swirl control and fitted the resistor, it still throws the P0401 code or do I have the fit a second resistor somewhere else
Disabling EGR so you don't get the MIL code after blocking it on CRD is dead simple.
Here's Mal's DIY

1x 6.2K ohm resistor part RR0591 from jaycar.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/6-2k-ohm-0-5-watt-metal-film-resistors-pack-of-8/p/RR0591

Unplug MAF connector .
Push back the insulation .
Cut the pink wire.
Solder in resistor.
Heat shrink over resistor.
Pull the insulation back over loom.
Plug connector back in.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts