Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just wanting to find out what flow rate people are useing for their aux electric fuel pumps on the CRD.

Im after a very low pressure pump to avoid any possible leaks but high flow.

I have a CATERPILLAR fuel filter unit that has an inbuilt 12v pump in it that flows 3L per minute so roughly 180L per hour , would that be enough ?

also heard through the grape vine that the CRD flows more than the Di to cool the pump?? so if thats true a higher flow aux pump would be needed compared to a Di motor

any info would be great

Steve

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Mine is not a crd but I run a Holley red, which flows 90gph at 6psi if I remember correctly. This was one of my old pumps off my 1 tonner and is a bit noisy! I will get something a bit quiter when it stops.
Cheers
Zappa

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
i use a fasit pump but realy not needed for a standed setup as the gearpump on the back of the common rail pump works well

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Pump

What about when adding a second filter ? Will it make the pump starve or just a rumour?

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
If you are looking for a lift pump and want to keep pressure to the head, you will need at least 100gph to achieve it.

I would suggest something like what benno has installed , I installed the red and it unfortunately died after 8 months of service.

Cheers,
Whitie

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Touch wood whitie, my pump was old before I even installed it 6 months ago. Having said that the last new Blue I had on my 1 tonner died after a short easy life. Seems Holley has changed some of the material used to make the pumps. I will not be buying another for the holden, Ill go a Barry Grant or similar.
Cheers
Zappa

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
Touch wood whitie, my pump was old before I even installed it 6 months ago. Having said that the last new Blue I had on my 1 tonner died after a short easy life. Seems Holley has changed some of the material used to make the pumps. I will not be buying another for the holden, Ill go a Barry Grant or similar.
Cheers
Zappa
Hi Zappa, yea, plenty of people have had great runs with them in the past - hence why I bought one :)

It does seem that something has changed as I would call pumping diesel for the ZD an easy life as well :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts