Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just returned from a short trip locally in the Darling ranges WA towing my 3t van.
886km using 144 litres of diesel = 16.253 l/100km. Approx 300km was dirt roads including some narrow tracks using LR, the rest was on A & B bitumen roads with about 150km not towing.
Valvoline synthetic 2t was used at around 1:350, Dig CR65 chip and no EGR. I have used the Valvoline 2t for about 30k km with only the benefits others talk about.
For the Doomsayers my EGT's post turbo are up to 730C climbing steep grades in 3rd or 4th at whatever is a comfortable speed, around 600-650C cruising around 90+ km/hr, 500-550C in the mid 80's and down to below 500C at 80 & below.
Not towing general running around in the outer suburbs of Perth with some freeway use consumption averages in the mid 10's.
Engine oil is Mobil 1 5-50 synthetic and has been used for about 40k km.
Tyres are standard OE Bridgestone 693's.

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Hi,
I am puzzled about the Valvoline synthetic 2t oil? What do you use it for?

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Hi,
I am puzzled about the Valvoline synthetic 2t oil? What do you use it for?

psst, don't say this out loud, but he thinks it'll make the engine run smoother and get better mileage and presreve the fuel pump...

But the consumption rates do look good!

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Is good news and completely reasonable.

I think its unrealistic to expect a heavily loaded vehicle the bulk of a patrol to use 12L/100km and I would be quite satisfied with that sort of fuel economy with the weight you're asking it to drag around

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
psst, don't say this out loud, but he thinks it'll make the engine run smoother and get better mileage and presreve the fuel pump...

I was unaware the 2-T affected consumption, more or less reduced engine and pump noise. Either way, it would have to be drastic to counter the actual cost of a good oil. 1:350 ratio, though is pretty lean and I'm surprised its noticeable at that level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts