Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow this is something I wasnt expecting at all. My Auto CRD since installing all the gear including 33"wheels, 2" lift, steinbauer, winch, bullbar etc etc has been averaging 18-20 litres per 100kms constantly. With 30,000kms now on it I have been expecting it to start loosening up and becoming more economical which it hasnt....

Now there is where it gets weird, I installed a EGR shim (care of Ferret) last night and just done a 100km round trip this morning and the Scanguage showed 14.2liters per 100km's and even dipped into the 13's at one stage.. I have not had this economy since it was new and am amazed as I wasnt expecting the egr shim to do anything Id notice!

Has anyone else had this experience or am I dreaming...if I am dont wake me up,LOL!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Man! You must drive with your foot welded to the firewall!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,293 Posts
Hey mic, just needed a quick post to get off 666, But from 18 down to 13 just from an EGR block, I don't think so. ;)

Dip, I would be doing a week or to then check again, you didn't happen to listen to a speech from Bob Brown just before you drove did you? ;) :rolleyes:.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Years ago when higher octane unleaded first came out i remember justifying it to the missus as "it was saving me money cause it burns better". I think most of it was due to me driving slower, and taking off easier from the lights cause this newer fuel was so expensive..

Did you disconnect the battery when you did the EGR? maybe the ECU reset?

I'd just go with it and enjoy the economy (and now clean engine oil!) :)

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha no unfortunatley I dont otherwise fuel economy issues would be easily fixed. Putting 33"s on made the biggest difference, I think it uses about 2litres/100km's more after I put them on..

Also the ecu wasnt reset nor did I drive it differently today.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
My Di went from 9.7L per 100 kms to 10.7L as a result of the 33's. FYI

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Ah... bigger tyres! People often forget about this! One of the big reasons to stick to stock size tyres!

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Now you have made a first step, fit a 3" Scott Rods system and Chipit module set on folder2 custom 2. It just gets better :D from the EGR block off. I think now I will actually be able to afford the fuel bill to run my CRD patrol after I leave the Pilbara.

Expect the odd P0401 error from the block to be thrown up. Just clear it with your scanguage.

Good work, cheers mate.

P.S. Blocked off the EGR on my wifes D22 2.5 CRD Navara and I cannot get over how much better the fuel economy is on it now and how much smoother the engine runs.

·
Registered
Nissan
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now you have made a first step, fit a 3" Scott Rods system and Chipit module set on folder2 custom 2. It just gets better :D from the EGR block off. I think now I will actually be able to afford the fuel bill to run my CRD patrol after I leave the Pilbara.

Expect the odd P0401 error from the block to be thrown up. Just clear it with your scanguage.

Good work, cheers mate.

P.S. Blocked off the EGR on my wifes D22 2.5 CRD Navara and I cannot get over how much better the fuel economy is on it now and how much smoother the engine runs.
Yeah Brad I was simply shocked when I saw the fuel economy difference as I wasnt expecting anything noticeable, I already have a Steinbauer so Im hopin once the Beaudesert exhaust gies on it is even better!

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Gee, that EGR shim sitting in my sock drawer is definitely going in this week - I too get terrible mileage, similar hardware set-up to yours.

Might fit the small barn door hinge extension and uprated headlight wiring too, I'm running out of room for socks :)

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Yeah Brad I was simply shocked when I saw the fuel economy difference as I wasnt expecting anything noticeable, I already have a Steinbauer so Im hopin once the Beaudesert exhaust goes on it is even better!
Mate all you need now is the exhaust and you are in business. Get a 3" system and it will go a lot better. It is amazing what can happen when you only feed clean, cooler air into the engine.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Mate all you need now is the exhaust and you are in business. Get a 3" system and it will go a lot better. It is amazing what can happen when you only feed clean, cooler air into the engine.

Brad where did you get the 3" scott rods from and how much are they...is the exhaust 3' from dump to rear and hiflo cat..........did you have to adjust the vnt afterwards
sorry bout the hijack boys

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Hi,
Comes off the turbo to 3", hi flo cat and system. I have his big bore 3" system, well made and easy to fit plus really makes the GU smooooth! Also good price and mine was delivered to the door in Karratha. He has a good product, good service and a value price. I looked at others but kept coming back around to his.

I have not touched anything to do with the turbo. The ECU onboard the CRD's seems to be able to work everything out and adjust for it. No problem, error codes, boost spikes after fitting. Very, very happy with it :D and no I do not get any kick backs :)

Phone: (07) 3812 0266

Fax: (07) 3812 2692

Address: Shed 2, 87 Keogh Street
West Ipswich,
Queensland,

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks brad, will do a ring around early next week and compare...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts