Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has information on aftermarket fuel filters for 07 CRD?

Nissan filter is a fortune and I was told a Coopers fuel filter was ok to use.

They are distributed by Wesfil.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
71 Posts
I found a manufacturer out of china who copies the austrian made genuine item, but i'm not game to try it out, and it doesn't have the transducer in the bottom.
I believe the aftermarket is working on a replacement, keep an eye out mid year ;)

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I never use a after market filters unless it inline with Nissan ones. If anything use Parker and make sure you get the correct micron size and fuel flow rate. I run inline Parkers with Nissan Filters @ 5 micron on the Parker filter. I dont save anything in fact it costs more but I have peace of mind.

If you really do want to do away with the Nissan Filter then go to FleetGuard and use the Elemax filter system. Its a clear type fuel filter case and the cartridge filter. Its standard on Peterbilts engines, very good for CRD engines and also it has markings as the filter become blocked.

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Whats the price diffrence from a Nissan Filter to a Cooper filter. I know Cooper, Parker and Fleet guard are good filters but its so inportant that the correct Micron size is used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts