Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, got a slight drama with my 07 CRD ute. It feels to me like the engine is "hunting" or getting a lack of fuel/air. But its only apparent between the RPM range of 900 or so to 2000. I try to hold the revs about 1400,etc and the revs jump around plus and minus 100 RPM and keeps doing it. But once the engine reaches over 2000RPM its responsive. This also is when im in neutral at a standstill. When im at speed in any gear it seems to loose power or surge. Doesnt seem to have lost any power. The only mods ive done is a 3" taipan and dawes valve and a dual batt system, however these were fitted months ago with no dramas until now. Im thinking trying to retrieve codes if there are any, and a mate at work has mentioned to clean the MAF sensor. Any ideas/comments will be appreciated. Also if anyone can recommend a shop in Perth who would be able to tackle a problem such as this. Many thanks.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,710 Posts
it would be worth while to remove your MAF sensor and give it a clean with electrical contact cleaner this should be done on a regular basis anyway. Not a big job and cost about $20 for a can.

might be a bit of a stab in the dark but might be worth while to remove your electronic accelerator pedal and disassemble and give it a bit of a clean if it is possible to disassemble that is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 07 wagon did the same thing. So I cleaned the MAF, nothing changed. Then I got my mechanic to put his diagnostic machine on it and the readings he got all pointed to a faulty MAF which I changed and fixed the issue. The point being is although you may give the MAF a good clean if nothing happens it may actually be faulty so don't give up.

Good luck

·
Registered
nissan patrol
91 Posts
Unresponsive 3 litre

Hi,

Going out on a limb here. I have a 3 lt GU 2004 apr build and recently did all the suggested mods, of which one was the needle valve and bleeding of boost from top of tubo actuator and this modification completely elimated the "lack of response" at low rpm. I think boost on yors may be very low at these lower rpm's the mod I have done allow sthe turbo to spool up much quicker with significantly improved response down low. Check top of turbo air lines etc as well.

Regards

Caged

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Your local Nissan dealer can usually fix the surging problem by loading updated software, thats what they did to mine and now its fixed.
The dealers are aware of this so you just need to let them know about the software upgrade you need.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet, thanks alot fellas. will have a look at the MAF and then probably have to call mr nissan. the issue doesnt seem to be there anymore the emptier my tank got. so im thinkin also it may be dirty fuel or water. chucked in some cleaner for both tanks. time will tell i guess. cheers.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
I have the same problem - Mr Nissan looked at it last week - said they cleaned the earthing and the problem went away for a few days - back now though. I'll take it back and tell them about the software upgrade and to check the MAF.

·
Registered
nissan partol gu 2
56 Posts
Your local Nissan dealer can usually fix the surging problem by loading updated software, thats what they did to mine and now its fixed.
The dealers are aware of this so you just need to let them know about the software upgrade you need.

Agreed. Have had this happen quite a few times when installing cruise controls. But I believe this is different to "hunting." Either way, its best to eliminate it and get it done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts