Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just I would post up our coming plans that are under way. We are going to be pushing the little zd30 so more doing a hole heap of fuel system mods. I have just built a extra pump for my patrol and are going to be running them both. I will keep the updates and pics soon

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
Hey just I would post up our coming plans that are under way. We are going to be pushing the little zd30 so more doing a hole heap of fuel system mods. I have just built a extra pump for my patrol and are going to be running them both. I will keep the updates and pics soon
Awesome, see what sort of power the little zd's are really capable of! Careful you might hurt a few td42 owners feelings though, mua ha ha ha ha. :p

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
Awsome will be subscribing to this thread.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know what power I will be wanting but we will just wait and see we stared with 50rwhp and have 200rwhp now so anything will be great may have to up grade the turbo again but not sure yet

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
Don't know what power I will be wanting but we will just wait and see we stared with 50rwhp and have 200rwhp now so anything will be great may have to up grade the turbo again but not sure yet

Just keep adding fuel and boost till she blows, ha ha. Would be awesome to see how much hp they can make before they pop.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
475 Posts
More rail pressure or a lift pump?

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rail presure pump. All ready have a faist pump on it as well.Im chasing more flow and yes higher pressure

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Twin turbo setup.

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
well considering they pop under standard fuel management id so not alot more :idiot::D
I've not heard of any crd's popping, have you? I can see where your coming from tho, they're obviously not very strong if a bit of overfueling or overboosting kills them (di models that is).

But I'd love to be proven wrong, and see one make decent hp.

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
I've not heard of any crd's popping, have you? I can see where your coming from tho, they're obviously not very strong if a bit of overfueling or overboosting kills them (di models that is).

But I'd love to be proven wrong, and see one make decent hp.
i will agree and no i havent seen a crd go bang but im sure its happened. nothing is perfect. would be intersting to see.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
475 Posts
Cool stuff . . . So are you going to market any of these power-ups for the punters or just doing it because you can? Are you revving the engine any further than the standard redline? What are you expecting your EGTs to be peaking at? What does building your own pump entail? Any pics ? I'm in Brissie and wouldnt mind poking around under your bonnet.

IMHO this is the coolest thread here in many months since Whitie and Chaz reached the pinacle of their Di modifications and NADS developments.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Egts will depend on the tune and turbo setup i will be running.
Rpm will stay the same but will make alot more power up top.
Common rail pump are not that hard to build just getting the right parts.
The old zd30 would reach over 1300 deg before they melted number four piston and no motor can handle that heat.
My engine has been getting service every 3,000 and running great so far.
The biggest proublem on the motor is the fuel system.
Does anyone know what are some big number 4.2 are putting out?

·
Registered
779 Posts
We done just auto's. Its about time someone went to the limits to see what happens. What if you just added an extra cr pump to it? Double volume same pressure. Is yours automatic?

Maybe a twin pump setup, more volume same pressure, or even do a compound set up.
Good luck

Andy

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yeah mate your on the money thats what we are looking at doing just trying to think of a way we can mount the pump.
Trying to run it off the drive belt.
No its manuel

·
Registered
nissan
1,354 Posts
Yeah mate your on the money thats what we are looking at doing just trying to think of a way we can mount the pump.
Trying to run it off the drive belt.
No its manuel
Have a look at some of the twin cp3 installs they do on duramax's in the states, might help you out? They just run it off the drive belt, you'll need a big turbo to light all that fuel up though.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts