Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me how the 3lt crd utes with a chip and exhaust would stack up against my now written off 4.2 itd, with 14 psi,straight through 3inch, and pump wound open, i carry approx 300kgs in the back and tow a builders trailer, wats the crd like with load and towing??

·
Registered
nissan partol gu 2
56 Posts
Haha truckster... This will be interesting... Another s*** canning session about to start....

·
Registered
nissan
559 Posts
haha
I have one of each...
and hands down would go for the slightly modded 4.2 in a heartbeat ...

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
and it begins :)~

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
4.2 are great motor realy go well when tuned well.
CRD are **** standard but when u open them up they go well real well.

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
Get one of these...

Attachments

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
I considered the 76 too. But the damn badge costs too much!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Mic said:
I considered the 76 too. But the damn badge costs too much!
yep, many people go that way. if they were both same price, patrol would be dead in the water.

Bloke asked me today if I was to upgrade wat would it be to... I know the one engine it wouldnt be, but I honestly dont know what 4b I'd get.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Well I saw one of those LCs today at Kings Beach and man it looked the goods... looks like it has just rolled out from a week in an ARB workshop, but it's straight off the showroom floor.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
yep, many people go that way. if they were both same price, patrol would be dead in the water.

Bloke asked me today if I was to upgrade wat would it be to... I know the one engine it wouldnt be, but I honestly dont know what 4b I'd get.
I like my crd. It's no secret that I like it more than the old 4.2. Also, another reason I didn't go fir the 76 is no auto:(. And everyone knows that autos are better ;).
LOL Umm, im a 4.2 fan but i must say i really like the CRD,s. They go really nice... I would have bought one but thought id miss the 4.2 deep might of a truck sound lol

:rolleyes:
Haha. The 4.2s sound awesome tricked up a little :-D.

Regarding the OP. Your question smells fishy. Kinda like a fishing trawler ;). You know this WILL start a slagging match. The CRD is more than up to the task.

·
Registered
nissan patrol Gu6
1,275 Posts
Never again

Ive had two zd30s, there will never be a third. Get the landcruiser ute. or another 4.2 patrol ute. Dont do it, especially with towing.

·
Registered
nissan
24 Posts
lol this will just make my choice harder, crd there is just to many post on it (dont buy it buy it), had 2 never again or had 3 and love them, really why is it such a hard choice.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Mine crd is great for towing I tow a car that ways about 3ton with trailer and my patrol is2.8tone and I get 15ltrs p 100klms the little motor can do it. 4.2 sounds heaps tuff

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Tbh, I have driven a GU ZD30 tricked up a little, and even tho I hate to admit it it did go ok, but I didn't like the feel of nothingness under the right foot (as in no torque) you floor it and it feels like it's doing nothing but the speedo doesn't lie.

my best mate has a brand new 2011 crd coil ute that has just landed in tasie and is currently get tray built and other stuff at local ARB/king trailers store, it's getting a DP chip and other stuff fitted also, be interesting to see what it's like in couple more weeks (he is a 1hz+ turbo and TD42tdi) he hs already said if it doesn't perform as good as nissan say it will, out t will come and a Chev td V8, or LS1 conversion wil go in it's place

bout time someone came up with a bolt on after market CRD converson for the TD42

like to see the figures on a
TD42 boost screwed up to 18psi
DP chipped
gas injected
and running a CRD setup

1 - 20 of 46 Posts