Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks. Just brought a Ute that is not running. So will do some reading etc and do some digging around. Vehicle is in Darwin and im in ACT..... So need to find a decent mechanic in NT

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi guys

Im having all sorts of problems with my 2009 Auto transmission ZD30 CRD regarding engine cut outs and spluttering, abnormal idle revs and rapid rev drops.

I bought the car brand new in dec 09 and havent had any problems with spluttering and cuts until the past six months, after since driving from sydeny to darwin

Ive noticed once ive put load on the engine, within the first few minutes there are a few splutters when driving. Then randomly during the day it will have a few splutters once I put load on

It is also prone to have the engine cut out while driving, all my dash lights are on when this happens, it can happen when im coasting eg sitting @ 80kms or braking or again putting load on the engine. the way it cuts out is the revs just die and engine cuts out. Most times a restart is easy worst case, I have to pop the hood prime the bulb and attempt to re start, this can happen 1-10 times a day, the annoying part it can run smooth for a few days with incident and other days I just want to shoot the car with it happening every few hundred meters.

One thing I have noticed, is when I come off acceleration altogether the revs rapidly drop to about 700 then settle at 750, sometimes it drops below 600 resulting in the engine cutting out other times it can drop below than 700 and slowly come back to 750

Another indication the car has been playing up is the revs at idle, where normal revs at idle is around 750 and it can fluctuate plus or minus 3-5revs, its sometimes can fluctuate plus or minus greater than 100 revs as seen in the video link below

In the past 6mths
installed a new water separator filter, replaced the filter with a G/N fuel filter and fuel line from the primary filter to the line that goes under the engine as it was loose, replaced the battery as I was having some voltage fluctuations from 11.3-13.7

I also have a scanguageII fitted to the car and have received the following codes
0087- low rail pressure
0088- high fuel pressure
and possible 0089 which i cant remember

Ive had a DP chip fitted for a few yrs now and since ive been having these problems Ive fittd the blank chip as per their instructions

so far ive taken it to a few people and like anything the car runs fine each time i get someone to look at it for me, which results in weird looks, so far ive been told to replace the fuel tank, tourqe converter, rail, fuel pump, battery not to mention weird and wonderful things

the most recent bloke charged me nearlly 600 to replace the filter with a G/N fuel filter and replace some old fuels that looked loose, no less than 3 days later when i took the care back like many mechanics up here the common reply was meh, how much do you want to spend,

if anyone has any idea, any direction would be greatly appreciated as im at witts end with this car and sick of hearing how i have to spend thousands on different things each time i try and visit someone for work or guidance.

Is there any decent guys in darwin who will take a serious approach when it comes to trying to fix this unlike Kerrys and a few others i wont mention just yet
Berrimah Diesels are the go to people

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
I feel your pain trying to find a professional in Darwin mate :roll: There's a big market for someone to come and set up a decent workshop up here.

The only experience i've head from a CRD owner in Darwin is when my brother's CRD cracked a couple of pistons and Promt Auto in Coconut grove swapped out a donor motor from brunswick deisel at a very reasonable price, very good service but unsure how they go with diagnosing problems like this sorry.

Deisel Injection Service in Roni court in Winellie seem to be the only dedicated deisel mechs advertising anymore, failing all the sugestions on here they could be worth a try?
Try berrimah diesels

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
150 Posts
@outbackjack Not up in Darwin, give Dave a call at Cooma Diesel Fyswick(ACT) 62800178 have a yarn with him might be of interest(maybe drop in).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts