Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #21
I will pass on your feedback to the team.

That being said, we are unlikely to force new users into moderation before posting.

- Cricket
Sorry Cricket, I just don't get that, it is something we have always done and from my point of view I don't mind doing it because it can save even more work further down the track. Who actually makes these decisions?

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.

That being said, we are unlikely to force new users into moderation before posting.

- Cricket
Why? We had a drug pusher post where to get the mongrel stuff from!

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Reactions: trev zd30

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon

- Cricket
@ModAdmin this seems a bit strange. Where is the safety net. You have previously said all pictures are sensored to ensure they are appropriate for the community, why is the written content any different?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Administrator
4x4
Sorry Cricket, I just don't get that, it is something we have always done and from my point of view I don't mind doing it because it can save even more work further down the track. Who actually makes these decisions?
Please take this concern to the staff area.

- Cricket

Administrator
4x4
@ModAdmin this seems a bit strange. Where is the safety net. You have previously said all pictures are sensored to ensure they are appropriate for the community, why is the written content any different?

We have stronger spam tools than we have had in the past that help us with this.

- Cricket

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
We have stronger spam tools than we have had in the past that help us with this.

- Cricket
@ModAdmin

Glad to hear you are taking this seriously....

BUT.......

Is it working when certain untoward people can push content, that is simply irrelevant and unacceptable, in OUR community????

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
@ModAdmin
Can we have each thread title underlined in our 'alerts' list please?
I find when looking through my 'alerts' it's difficult to select the right bit of text that links me to the thread. If it was underlined (or in bold?) Would make the thread title stand out and be quicker/easier to identify. I often accidentally hit the user name (the first bit of text) which of course just comes up with user details.

Cheers
Trev

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)

- Cricket
As I have pointed out it isn't working as well as us doing the approval, I'm not against the use of technology, I'm a Packaging Eengineer and a Project Manager who has worked around the world, so I know only too well it is grow or get left behind, but if something doesn't work it is up to me to fix it and make it work 100%.

Administrator
4x4
@ModAdmin
Can we have each thread title underlined in our 'alerts' list please?
I find when looking through my 'alerts' it's difficult to select the right bit of text that links me to the thread. If it was underlined (or in bold?) Would make the thread title stand out and be quicker/easier to identify. I often accidentally hit the user name (the first bit of text) which of course just comes up with user details.

Cheers
Trev
We do collect feedback that helps us build out new features. So do keep these suggestions coming.

As I have pointed out it isn't working as well as us doing the approval, I'm not against the use of technology, I'm a Packaging Eengineer and a Project Manager who has worked around the world, so I know only too well it is grow or get left behind, but if something doesn't work it is up to me to fix it and make it work 100%.
We are still building and learning these new features. It gets better.
-Philip

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #30
Learned something new today from JeffM, where it says posted a moment ago or so many minutes/hours ago, if you hover over that it brings up a date and exact time of the post,that little detail had escaped me.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #31
Some of you may remember there was a 10,000 character limit in threads under the old vBulletin, I hit this limit a few times while setting up the Archives and I think once or twice in my build thread.
As some of you may have noticed there have been further improvements made to the forum setup in the last 2 weeks (more to come), one of them is a 50,000 character limit, lol I haven't tried it, anyone care to try and let me know, lol.

Registered
nissan
there have been further improvements made to the forum setup in the last 2 weeks (more to come), one of them is a 50,000 character limit,
I've come up against the 10,000 character limit twice doing trip reports so it's good that it is changing. Simple text takes up so little storage space and so few posts get anywhere near 10,000 characters I don't see the limitation had much of a benefit except that it might have stopped some bot from flooding a hard drive maybe.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #33
I've come up against the 10,000 character limit twice doing trip reports so it's good that it is changing. Simple text takes up so little storage space and so few posts get anywhere near 10,000 characters I don't see the limitation had much of a benefit except that it might have stopped some bot from flooding a hard drive maybe.
I've been talking to US forum Admin about this, in their vB version they were limited to 15,000 (not sure why the difference, maybe there was a way we could change that but I never came across it), he's as happy as a pig in the proverbial. I don't see ithaving a big impact on many members but the 50,000 is a nice to have in some cases.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #34
We know the flag of country is missing from under a members avatar and where they are from if they have filled that out in settings, this will be fixed tomorrow.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #35
We know the flag of country is missing from under a members avatar and where they are from if they have filled that out in settings, this will be fixed tomorrow.
Done. Thanks.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #36
A lot has changed since I started this thread 7 months ago in disgust, we are currently in a much better position than we were then. I will close this thread (but leave it as a sticky) as it has become to wide in its approach. But remember the title, give good feedback without the BS so we can follow up realistically.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.