I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
Burns is on fire. :cool:

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,882 Posts
5/93 the poms... we’re looking pretty good, looking forward to waking up tomorrow to find we’ve won the first test at Edgy which they reckon is almost impossible.

Gotta hand it to Smith, cool as a cucumber, unbelievably talented.

Reactions: warthog

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,882 Posts
So on Wednesday night Mrs L and I went to Optus Stadium to see the BBL match between the Scorchers and the Stars.

I’ve been to a couple of 20/20 matches with the lads but she’s shown no interest, so I got us a couple of tickets in the hope it would be a close game and she’d enjoy it.

I bought these tickets in October, trying to pick a match with the biggest likelihood of me being at home. I don’t follow it closely enough to know who is the good teams and who isn’t... but of course I have a knack of going to games where whomever I barrack for (any sport) gets flogged.

The Scorchers got flogged.

A couple of years ago when I went with the lads, the Scorchers won the championship. Because I was at a match, I think that was the only game they lost all season.

Google soon showed that the Stars had won 8 of 9 prior to this match, and of course the Scorchers has won their previous 3 so I couldn’t see one of those could I ????

Haha!

Anyway they played crap, game over before you knew it and misso politely stated it was ‘interesting’, whatever that means 😆

Stars looking good this year... T20 World Cup here later in the year too so that should be good, keep an eye out for tickets at your local!

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
After Timmies blooper and his standing down, should we bring Steve Smith back as captain? I think he has served his time, he has a wealth of experience, can assist new young blood and train a new captain.
Cartoon Rectangle Jaw Organism Sharing

Cartoon Sharing Organism Gesture Font

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,753 Posts
After Timmies blooper and his standing down, should we bring Steve Smith back as captain? I think he has served his time, he has a wealth of experience, can assist new young blood and train a new captain.
For me that is a big no, if Paine can't be captain based on what he did in 2017 then Smith shouldn't either, precedent set, I feel very sorry for Paine, he did a lot to help get AU back on track after Warner screwed the team by conning the lot of them. Paine and his wife have been through this already back in 2018 and they have survived, which might be a big call considering what the press are putting them through now, can anyone imagine the sledging he would and will receive by just being in the team let alone staying captain? and for that matter what Smith would receive if CA put him back in charge! Time to move on and start afresh.
I eagerly await more word on the woman who eagerly participated in the 'texting' when she fronts court, there is more to this story than we know of and may never know.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,664 Posts
Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
Facial expression Cartoon Jaw Gesture Art

• Haha
Reactions: Foo and Haggie

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
18,192 Posts
Poms aren’t fairing too well, ominous sign to lose a wicket on the first ball then another just after lunch. The barmy army will be doing a rain dance.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
I could not believe it. Lunch break 4/59 or something. Back to work and then heading home at 3.30 and all out lol.

They obviously do not believe in their own hype.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,999 Posts
I feel sorry for Paine, if he was an RL player, he would be a bloody hero :rolleyes:
He is a twitt.
A high profile sportsman sending pics of his nob..
Our children and grandchildren look up to these fools.

781 - 800 of 826 Posts