Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crooked River - High country via Bulltown spur
I am planning a trip Leaving Lilydale heading to Dargo then onto Licola at the end of April, week following easter break. I am hoping for some more recent information regarding track conditions. We are planning to come in via Dargo, down bulltown, along crooked river. From their make our way up Hearn Spuk, Zeka, Caledonia, Butcher Link, Macalister tk and out via Black Soil Gully. I am particularily interested to know the condition of the track between Bulltown via crooked river to Talbotville.

6-8 months ago this section of track was not passible due to the entry and exits to rivers being badly washed away by flooding. Is someone able to provide a more recent update? Rangers in the area are yet to assess the condition.

All 3 vehicles going, BJ40, My 75 and a Prado are all twin locked, snorkels, winches with 33's and minimum 2inch clearance.

Thanks all in advance.

·
Premium Member
nissan
151 Posts
Hi, we went through the general area a couple of weeks ago - did not take Bulltown tk as it was pouring with rain and fog and mist reduced visibility to one or two car lengths - we took Brewery Creek rd which was hairy enough in the conditions.
A ranger at Dargo said that Bulltown Spur was rough but ok in the dry.
Zeka Spur was not a problem although was a little slippery - would not want to do it after heavy rain.
I don't know what the weather has been like there in the past couple of weeks as to whether the tracks have deteriorated further.
Sorry couldn't help further.
Geoff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts