Registered
nissan
642 Posts
hey mate what size lift is that and what size tyres are you using

·
Boosting GQ
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well got it muddy for the first time today, went out to the glasshouse mountain forestry tracks was pretty good we did find some mud, and something hard found the bottom of the alloy bar and stole my number plate while it was at it :doh:it also crushed the stone guard nicely as well (had to do a bit of bush mechanic style repairs as it was pinned up against and scratching my new steering rod :angryfir: )

we did get a few vids of the day including the one that did the damage to me bar and what not, ill see how i go uploading them to some video site and ill post the links for anyone insterested

·
Boosting GQ
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We did do a lot better and more insteresting tracks, but we couldnt be bothered to stop get out and get the camera rolling everytime we come across something insteresting. I think next time i will have to get one of me mates to tag along so i can make him jump out in the mud and film us :ahah:

·
Lovin' my Trol
1,140 Posts
Looks like it was fun. Good to see the Patrol being used properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mate nice truck (mirror of mine). The 240 spotties fit nice. Keep an eye on the brackets. With a bit of corrugation driving, they crack and the spotties sit on your grill. Keep the forum posted with your build up.
Maden

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,040 Posts
crooksey said:
Interesting info on the brackets cheers, i am considering putting bits of rubber under them to try and minimise that sort of problem
crooksey
A little trick from the bush fab and attach a strap from the back of the top pipe of bull bar to the top of light, this will stabilise the light enough so light will not bounce on corrugations and your brackets wont break.

·
its a shopping trolley
1,157 Posts
looking very nice! You will have to see if that bog hole gets the better of you now with some decent rubber on board :naughty:

·
Boosting GQ
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Finished making up my dual battery system the other day

I ended up using the Redarc 100A dual battery isolator, which i got of my brother $50. I got all the cables, lugs and heatshrink off a buisness acquaintance, so they didnt cost me anything:D. Dual battery cradle from ARB $100. and a N70 Century Marine 600CCA battery from Battery World for $165, and 4 new battery terminals for $12each. Toggle switch for the manual override $3.16, and 3mm Green Led $1.49 from an onling electrical wholesaler

So all up cost me... wheres that calculator

$367.65

The one on the right is for manual paralleling, will be used when winching (one i get round to getting one)

The indicator led can be seen easily but is not pointing directly at me, which will help of a night time ]

Close up of the LED

·
its a shopping trolley
1,157 Posts
crooksey said:
Finished making up my dual battery system the other day

I ended up using the Redarc 100A dual battery isolator, which i got of my brother $50. I got all the cables, lugs and heatshrink off a buisness acquaintance, so they didnt cost me anything:D. Dual battery cradle from ARB $100. and a N70 Century Marine 600CCA battery from Battery World for $165, and 4 new battery terminals for $12each. Toggle switch for the manual override $3.16, and 3mm Green Led $1.49 from an onling electrical wholesaler

So all up cost me... wheres that calculator

$367.65

mate, can I suggest that you look at a different method of securing the battery.

Mabey looks are deceiving but it looks as though if the battery was to shift slightly, your metal brace would cause a dirrect +ve to -ve short accross the battery.....................which would not be a pretty sight????

Apart from that though, looks like a neat job. Well done!

21 - 40 of 168 Posts