Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my truck 5 minutes, have the bigger turbo wheels put in along with the 3" zorst and I still want more power. Comes with being a bloke I guess.

X Country cooler the next thing to do? Don't really want to spend mega bucks on a flash turbo. It's mainly a touring truck.

Anyone run similar mods? Did the cooler make much difference?

Cheers

Paddy

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Cooler alone will not make a big difference to power unless it is overfueling to start with.

As a general rule you will be able to add more fuel and produce more power with an intercooler.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you speak to cross country you will find it will make around 26 Rear KWatts extra power with the intercooler depending on what turbo and boost you are running .It will also reduce your engine temps down by approx 100 degrees but speak to C/Country dont rely OMO i wil be putting an intercooler on when i get my GQ engineered for the lift .MO

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
also dont believe everythign someone selling you somethign says.

Work out what you want to end up with power/torque wise, and go from there.

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, well if putting a bigger cooler on means I can wind up the fuel a bit and get more power that'll be it.

Do I have to buy direct from Cross Country?

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
Thanks for the replies, well if putting a bigger cooler on means I can wind up the fuel a bit and get more power that'll be it.

Do I have to buy direct from Cross Country?
What state are you in

·
Registered
779 Posts
First of, has it all be tuned properly to suit the mods done? Do you want more power down low in revs or higher up? What tyres, sizes and diff ratios do you have?

A good quality intercooler will help add to the total package, it may even future proof yourself for further mods.

No you don't have to buy directly from them, but there generally is a wait for some parts.

Andy

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Andy,

It's been tuned and it does run well, well actually it runs heaps better than it did in standard form.

Tyre's are 285 BFG muds on 16" rims. Diff ratios are standard and whatever came on the 05 TD42 ST-L too, I think..

I'm greedy, I want more power eveywhere.

I will put a reco set of injectors in before the cooler as it's just tipped over the 100k mark.

Maybe a bigger/better turbo down the track, just not for a few years.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
195 Posts
is that how often you should service your injectors?? 100K??

·
Registered
nissan
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Only had the truck for 6,000 km's and not sure if they have been done or not, so, doing them anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts