Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
recently purchased a top mount intercooler for a gq swb patrol td42 from Cross country 4x4 as i know they have a great reputation and their product looks good...After a long eight week wait i received this intercooler kit and would just like to know the publics opinion if you would accept this quality at a full retail price of $1800 inc postage to perth, have tried to negotiate with the sales person and just received no help and no solution to the matter.. i know this wont affect performance but all i want to know is peoples opinions on the matter WOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS QUALITY if you spent $1800 and could anyone enlighten me on what may have happened here IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_5509.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
472 Posts
Is that a hole :shock:
Even if its not i wouldn't be very happy at all after forking out all that coin . Looks like they forgot to earth it when welding it up and its arced through the core. definite weak point
I would contact them to sort out a replacement, hope your not in a hurry
Edit: was the sales person local or did you deal directly with CCI ether way thats bull****

Oh and hi welcome to the forum

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that a hole :shock:
Even if its not i wouldn't be very happy after forking out all that coin . Looks like they forgot to earth it when welding it up and its arced through the core. definite weak point
You need to contact them to sort out a replacement, hope your not in a hurry
Edit: was the sales person local or did you deal directly with CCI
hey anti
yeah i was shocked after hearing all the good things about cross country, tried to organise for the intercooler to be sent back but they want me to pay for return shipping from perth to adelaide at my own expense, which aint happening ... and yeah i dealt directly with cci they were really nice when they wanted my money now im just getting shunted and ignored pretty disapointed really they say its not damaged and thats why they put it on the underside so you cant see it when its on but i keep explaining it clearly looks damaged to me... must have their eyes closed

·
Registered
nissan
472 Posts
Not damaged lmfao
How deep is that mark on the third bar down in the second photo . I don't know what the wall thickness is on those PWR cores but if thats a deep pit mark then its a weak point that needs to be welded .
Good luck

·
Registered
nissan
508 Posts
Stick to your guns mate. You payed $1800 for a brand new top quality product, the fact it's turned up in that state is BS I would fight it all the way. If it was a $300 eBay cheapy then maybe but a cc cooler no bloody way.

Shane

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stick to your guns mate. You payed $1800 for a brand new top quality product, the fact it's turned up in that state is BS I would fight it all the way. If it was a $300 eBay cheapy then maybe but a cc cooler no bloody way.

Shane
Thanks CRDshane
These are the sort of replys I wanted to hear ... I started questioning my self whether I was being too picky or not but obviously not , not sure what im gonna do as they arnt playing very nice at the moment the salesman im dealing with just keeps telling me its not damaged theres nothing wrong with it...

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,999 Posts
Definitely not good enough.
If I'm not mistaken CC coolers have a 1 year warranty for workmanship and materials, and I'd certainly make a warranty claim.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
It looks a bit average. Definately below par for cc. But if you make a warranty claim you will have to pay postage. Sorry. Thems the rules
It shouldn't have been sent like that in the first place. I'd be peeved if I had postage to pay on this occasion. QC lacking? It's a fairly obvious flaw.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,072 Posts
It shouldn't have been sent like that in the first place. I'd be peeved if I had postage to pay on this occasion. QC lacking? It's a fairly obvious flaw.
Totally agree. Shouldnt have made it out.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
61 Posts
Keep on them to get if fixed. You fork out the extra cash for the best cooler you can buy and never have to replace. I got mine 2 months ago and it had been dropped before it left the factory. They organised and paid for courier back to them to fix and then back to me. I couldnt be happier with how they handled it, hopefully they give you the same service.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Mine is the same, so are others I have looked at.

33psi for over a year and it it still works...

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
I doubt it will ever affect performance but that doesn't excuse it. It's a factory second and should have been sold as such..someone would have knowingly bought it just to get it quicker.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
I know I wouldn't be happy with that. At top dollar prices you expect top service and quality

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
We all know that intercoolers are prone to be easily damaged. So you would expect the manufacturer to make sure the product is in perfect condition when it leaves the shop and that it is well packed so that no damage can occur during transport.

When I got my ARE intercooler and bonnet scoop, it all arrived in a custom fitted wooden box with bubble wrap padding. They make absolutely sure that there is no way that their product can be damaged in transport. That is what you should expect for the price you pay.

·
Registered
nissan
806 Posts
It doesn't look like fresh damage to me
Maybe damaged when the intercooler core was made
Have a look in the second photo, bottom row of the fins, the damaged fin that is shiney is fresh damage, the other damage looks years old

Still no excuse for sending out a damaged unit

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
im a sheetie 100% sure that has been arced on the bench they have had the earth on the bench or whatever it was sitting on and has had a **** earth and earthed across the fins send it back or tell them your going to contact consumer affairs

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The day is going to come when someone is going to bring in a quality import version that is available for half the cost, just as efficient - if not better. Didn't I see somewhere that some testing was done on the CC cores and intake temps were no better than a chinese bar and plate core of the same size or am I dreaming?

CC will either pickup their game or lose business. Hell, looks like they are already losing business. I've had 3 good mates go with other options because of what they've seen on the forums.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts