Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys.

Very keen on a Cross Country Cooler for my TD42, but it has a high mount Turboglide Garret.

Has anyone fitted this intercooler to a high mount turbo?

·
Registered
nissan
204 Posts
I would be interested in one as well.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cross Country tell me that a customer has bought one for a high mount, and that the jury is still out as to whether it will fit. They reckon a body lift will be an advantage, understandably.

I was just hoping someone may have already done it on this forum.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody??????????:cry:

I have sent some pictures to them at their request, so they can have a think about it. We will see what eventuates.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
69 Posts
Have fitted one to my TD42 running a Safari low mount turbo. Really don't think it would fit on a high mount without some heavy mod's to the intercooler intake.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
I haven't tried but I bet it won't fit. I have a low mount with a cc intercooler & I have about 5,1/2" between the top of the Exhaust manifold & the bottom of the intercooler. I couldn't fit a Plasmaman top opening inlet manifold had top swap it for a side opening Plasmaman one just not enough room. The only way you might make it would be with a 2" body lift but the plumbing could be a drama also.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
I have one for a GQ sitting on the floor of the Garage down here on the Gold Coast while I'm waiting to do my engine up again if you want to come down & sit it on the top of yours to check the fit your more than welcome.

·
Registered
nissan
344 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
751 Posts
I have been in contact with Craig at Cross Country about the exact question,

i sent through some pictures of my Turboglide setup on the GQ and he said there will be no problem with fitting the Premium kit to this turbo setup.

also check out GQSHAYNE's post near the bottom of the page http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/niss...southern-cross-4x4-intercooler-gq-td42-62981/
Yes and I asked them if it would fit with my new top opening Plasmaman inlet manifold before I bought there top mount intercooler & they said it would but it didn't fit by a long shot. When I told them it didn't fit they said send it back then. I was lucky that Plasmaman swaped my top opening inlet manifold for a side opening one otherwise it could have cost me heaps.

The first lot of pics of the intercooler on that thread are the old GQ mounted intercooler, the mounting is different on the current ones mine included. The second lot of pics looks like a GU top mount intercooler, the inlet opening is in a different position.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
I'm getting Cross Country to install a custom intercooler for my high mount on my GQ happening on the 17th ill post some pic's hopefully all works out they couldn't guarantee 100%.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts