Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday just wondering if there is anyone that is running this setup and still getting good results? I'm almost ready to take the plunge and get the new intercooler, I've already got a Colorado bonnet scoop fitted, but it looks like the front edge of the scoop will cover about 100mm of the intercooler, just trying to work out if this will still be ok or should I buy the fairlane scoop that cross country sells? (i do prefer the look of the Colorado one) thanks in advance.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Depends where you mounted the scoop. Mine lines up with front edge of the intercooler and fits like a glove.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407836865.531916.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The scoop is as far towards the front of the bonnet as it could go before poking over the edge where the hump in the bonnet starts If that makes sense, but the measurements that I was given tells me that it still needs to go forward by about 100mm ??

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any chance you could give me a measurement from the rear of the bonnet to the rear of the scoop please?

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Sure..just measured it 165mm. As you can see I've modified my scoop and from memory took about 20mm off the front edge. Mines a series IV.

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahh right ,so where the 3 vertical bars would normally be in the mouth of the scoop, you've removed them and cut some out of the bottom part of the scoop mouth to match the cross country intercooler?

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Holden Colorado mate,I think mine was off an '04 model, and I got mine from a local wrecker. This is how it will look when you first get it with the horizontal and vertical bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts