Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I bought a Cross Country top mount intercooler for my patrol back on the 25th of July. I was told that it would be a 6 week wait, and I was happy with that. As it is now the 5th of October, I thought my intercooler should be here by now. I started calling each week at the 6 week mark to ask on its progress, and I keep getting told that it will be posted the next week. Is it really worth the wait or should I ask for my money back and put it towards something else? I am really not very happy with that company at the moment, and I will be calling them again on Tuesday.

What do you guys think?

Nathan

·
Registered
nissan
87 Posts
Im waiting as well. Ive emailed them and still have not had a reply in over a week. Started ringing them now,every week.........

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
1,210 Posts
Just be patient!! You're not the only one. My 1st one took me 8 weeks and 2nd took me 6 weeks. (Di and CRD) Maybe I was lucky.

Cheers

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
You can get the same results for quarter the price and have it fitted in a few days off e bay. Only difference is it wont be a straight bolt up kit but I had mine fitted in an afternoon easy. They are taking the pis s making you wait that long.

·
Registered
nissan
321 Posts
Well I'm getting 155rwkw and can't get more that about 370 deg post turbo EGTs with my CC Topmount. Haven't got anything to compare with but with that sort of result do you need to? I'd wait.

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
I've looked at the HPD units in person before I bought mine as I was put off by the looooooong wait for a CC. The HPD just isn't as well made and despite the fantastic delivery time in comparison to the CC I just couldn't spend that sort of money for a lower quality product. The CC took FOREVER to arrive but it's first class. I was towing up through the tunnels out of Adelaide and my GCM was 5.2 tonne and I couldn't get EGT over 413. They are very good.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
That wait is ridiculous.

I have a hpd and it has been awesome. Apart from their fan which sucks.
Friendly people too.. They will actually answer the phone or email, not ignore you.
Couldn't be happier with my hpd..

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
I recently visited the Cross Country workshop while down in SA and was quite impressed, for me it's worth the wait, they are constructed on site from AU materials including PWR cores (there was a pallet of them there), the long waiting list tells you how popular they are, there are several guy's working on them currently. The units are basically being ordered faster than they can make them, they are working on the delay but takes time.

I love mine and would not hesitate to do the same again.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
61 Posts
Got my CC cooler on friday after a 7 week wait. I got a bit impaitent during the wait, especially when I was told it was a three week wait. At the 6 week mark I called daily and it got sent a few days after the calls began. After one drive I can say its well worth the wait. Fitted it this morning and went for a drive to adjust the needle valve. EGTs are much lower, takes off better, smoother all round and just much better to drive. Wait it out. It wont be much longer

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
They need to learn how to run a business. Its simple employ people lol

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
If only it was that simple, but there has been tuning of the business structure. Cost/benefit analysis and whether you want to "stay" in business :).

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
That wait is ridiculous.

I have a hpd and it has been awesome. Apart from their fan which sucks.
Friendly people too.. They will actually answer the phone or email, not ignore you.
Couldn't be happier with my hpd..
I got them to fit a 14" Spal Fan

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
They seem to base their business on the 4.2 model.

short supply + high price = high perceived value.

It only takes one of those values to change and it affects the others.

Have you seen their comp truck? pretty wickid and lots of time and money must go into that :)

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
I got them to fit a 14" Spal Fan
Got hpd too? I just refit the second fan with a thermo so ill see how it goes. So far so good.

Did you get a pic of the spal?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts