Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all.
2010 crd 3l remapped 19 psi with 3" and intake kit.
I have the chance to pick up a full jonny tig TMIC kit pretty cheap.
I'm currently running an ARE kit which is good around 250 around town at 60kmh and around 350 at 100kmh on the freeway.
But wondering if I went jonny tig what EGTS would I be expecting?
Can anyone currently running cross country or jonney tig shed some light?
Cheers.

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
@Bidja used to run a Johnny tig tmic.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
On a side note mate.
How do you find the gvm upgrade for driveability? Is it rough or smooth?

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
On a side note mate.
How do you find the gvm upgrade for driveability? Is it rough or smooth?
It's got a bit more of a sportscar feel about it (I know it's not a sportscar). Less body roll, more rigid and predictable

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
Comparison _ Jonny Tig T&F Gen2 cooler against stock size Adrad Bar&Plate. Note: JT Cruise boost similar to your ARE quoted.

Build CRD H/F turbo and similar induction / air intake as you.

With JT cooler EGTs dropped significantly eg: under load hauling up a test hill that I use, 4th gear holding boost 20-22psi, dropped from 525 to 425 deg C and this is was achieved with new 33" M/T_the 525C was with 31.5" BFG A/T before cooler install. Good recovery temp time. Good spool and pwr response rate and very linear. Approx 1 psi drop max across cooler (@sea level to 600m). The heat differential across cooler was significant (subjective but cruise typ condition: to the hand, feels like a very hot cup of tea (hot side) to just warm (cold side).

Issue of concern for me: Post JT cooler install, had a very loud induction noise from within cooler, rushing air/turbulence, when under solid load / above 18 psi boost. Not an issue just tripping around but for the long distance driving it was over the top.

Tube fin cores typically have the tube ends protrude very slightly into the tank causing a raised end that the air has to go around to enter. Bar and plate cores are more of a flat end and square edged entry to the tube runners.

JT cooler and CC ultimate very similar construction, cores may differ a bit, maybe of interest to investigate what generation core this cheap cooler has, mine was Gen2 _had to replace under warranty(core leak) and was looking at new Gen 3 but the leadtime was too great so went ahead and installed a 600x300x76mm PDI FM. When Gen 3 arrived I sold it.

To reduce the turbulence noise from JT cooler (Gen2), I modified the cooler frame and rubber mounted cooler in frame _ Mackay Multicusion Rubber isolators.
Noticed improvement but noise was still annoying. Now have induction noise thru 4" snorkel(air ram) and 4" thru airbox (but rather it that way_more air).

@OLDMATE1 may comment on Gen 3 JT cooler.

JT Cooler assy _ Mackay Multicusion Rubber isolators.jpg

Registered
nissan
I don鈥檛 notice any turbulence noise with the gen 3
But that could have something to do with bidja鈥檚
Mods to the frame. I haven鈥檛 done much highway driving since I had the remap done. From memory temps were around 350 sitting on 110 towing a 3 ton van. Sits on around 200 around town

1 - 7 of 7 Posts