Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am curious as to whether anyone has been able to come across a cross reference list for GQ's.

eg as an example, Landrover Discovery Power Steering boxes are notorious leakers, but one of the fixes is to use a standard GM Chevy/Delco power steering box in its place (does require a a change in hose shape though). - no more leaks ever again.

similarly I've seen threads where people have replaced GQ PS boxes with GU patrol models.

I'm assuming that there are similar other swaps available to improve the breed...

I guess I'm interested because I'd like to improve cooling etc in mine, so am curious as to whether hi-flo water pumps are available, whether HD clutches from other vehicles can be used etc....

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
am curious as to whether anyone has been able to come across a cross reference list for GQ's.

eg as an example, Landrover Discovery Power Steering boxes are notorious leakers, but one of the fixes is to use a standard GM Chevy/Delco power steering box in its place (does require a a change in hose shape though). - no more leaks ever again.

similarly I've seen threads where people have replaced GQ PS boxes with GU patrol models.

I'm assuming that there are similar other swaps available to improve the breed...

I guess I'm interested because I'd like to improve cooling etc in mine, so am curious as to whether hi-flo water pumps are available, whether HD clutches from other vehicles can be used etc....
Search "interchangeable parts" on the whole forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts